Simple Symetrical Amplifier - Page 346 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Solid State

Solid State Talk all about solid state amplification.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 17th October 2012, 11:53 AM   #3451
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiiB View Post
I have... Numerus versions different outputs and housekeeping, now I have designed what is like an up scaled version of the hiraga, topology is almost the same, but current feedback is injected into the VAS, making the feedback path one stage shorter.
Hi MiiB

Is it possible to show us something, anything with some short comments about the impressions.

I am interested especially of how far you came with SSA itself, how much sound quality you reach with it.

Thanks in advance, Andrej
Old 17th October 2012, 12:59 PM   #3452
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy Cat View Post
In a show room NC400 showed a big potential with its superb linear-neutral musical presentation along with extreme control, dynamic and power levels.
They laughed at me here, each time I dared to mention the D class qualities...
For your next tries ( according to a friend) it seems that
- The Tripath sound the best. of all amps he had tested.
- They work best with a top quality analog supply. Regulated, if possible.
Old 17th October 2012, 02:07 PM   #3453
diyAudio Member

No Tripath can match the NCores. It was good for the time it was introduced, though.
Old 17th October 2012, 05:06 PM   #3454
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheShaman View Post
No Tripath can match the NCores. It was good for the time it was introduced, though.
Agree, Ncore NC400 is top now, I am listening them right now.
Old 17th October 2012, 05:09 PM   #3455
diyAudio Member

I would like to read Andrej's report with some sonic comparison between the class D and the SSA. I have never listened to class D simply because it is said to have inferior sound. Because Andrej is a good reference for both amps, I would like to take his word on considering Class D for a future project.
Old 17th October 2012, 05:20 PM   #3456
Salas is offline Salas  Greece
diyAudio Chief Moderator

Previous gen Hypex as the heart of a Genesis amp I had used enough was good. But next to a Spectral amp was still somewhat artificial.
Old 17th October 2012, 05:21 PM   #3457
diyAudio Chief Moderator

IR chip based ones are good bang for the buck.
Old 17th October 2012, 05:26 PM   #3458
diyAudio Chief Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheShaman View Post
Tripath ain't Hypex, agree. Much better with shunt reg but hot! Beats the original purpose to have a cool temp little amp.
Old 17th October 2012, 05:50 PM   #3459
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nico Ras View Post
I would like to read Andrej's report with some sonic comparison between the class D and the SSA. I have never listened to class D simply because it is said to have inferior sound. Because Andrej is a good reference for both amps, I would like to take his word on considering Class D for a future project.
Hi Nico, as I said in post #3449 I will compare them for few hours tomorrow in a recording studio where SSA is working 24/7. I'll report about listening impressions on Friday.
Old 17th October 2012, 07:20 PM   #3460
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nico Ras View Post
I would like to take his word on considering Class D for a future project.
I had suggested that some time ago. And said that Class D, T etc. is the future.
Because it is near the digital domain, and, we can love-it or no, but digital will take all the audio market. We can imagine a direct oversampling/undersampling power converter, driving directly loudspeaker.
Because is is less Dependant on the qualities of the parts, so more industrial. So less expensive. and depend mainly on the design's intelligence and care.
Because active devices goes more and more fast; so it will be more and more accurate and easy to filtrate the switching frequency.
Because we are too many on this planet, and energy will become a big problem.

I have an idea, paralleling class D devices, with clock delays (oversampling) , on how to overpass the switching frequency limitation witch is the major problem of class D amps for the moment.

Hide this!Advertise here!