Simple Symetrical Amplifier - Page 323 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Solid State

Solid State Talk all about solid state amplification.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 30th September 2012, 10:23 AM   #3221
ersa191 is offline ersa191  Equatorial Guinea
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaan View Post
LC, that line is so true.

Hi Andrew, I have a plan for solving the problem you mentioned. I am on it.
You forgot to say cunning plan
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 250px-Blackadder_prince_edmund.jpg (8.3 KB, 414 views)
  Reply With Quote
Old 30th September 2012, 10:59 AM   #3222
naf is offline naf  Indonesia
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy Cat View Post
There should be a text written on SSA sch:

Warning, use carefully, SSA could easily consume a big portion of your precious time.
, because it make me relax, details, no harsh, no fatique... and LC it's have been past nine hours now
  Reply With Quote
Old 30th September 2012, 11:04 AM   #3223
Jay is offline Jay  Indonesia
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Jakarta
Quote:
Originally Posted by naf View Post
, because it make me relax, details, no harsh, no fatique... and LC it's have been past nine hours now
Mikelm should read this

And with 40V regulated it will sound better
  Reply With Quote
Old 30th September 2012, 11:10 AM   #3224
Salas is offline Salas  Greece
diyAudio Chief Moderator
 
Salas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Athens-Greece
Quote:
Originally Posted by naf View Post
, because it make me relax, details, no harsh, no fatique... and LC it's have been past nine hours now
We need more photos with your amp at work, don't we?
  Reply With Quote
Old 30th September 2012, 11:28 AM   #3225
shaan is offline shaan  India
diyAudio Member
 
shaan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Near the Ganges
Hi Salas, we do.

Naf, show us the amp-porns.
__________________
The PeeCeeBee Thread
  Reply With Quote
Old 30th September 2012, 11:39 AM   #3226
Jay is offline Jay  Indonesia
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Jakarta
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaan View Post
"it feels like the speaker is way bigger, all over the wall.
I experienced this 10 years ago. I couldn't forget the amp and couldn't understand why my (supposed to be better) later amps couldn't do the same .

Only not long time ago I know that it was a CFB amp. Only opamp was used for the input. The opamp was better than 5534, but the lousy sound of opamp was there (Sorry to those who cannot hear the sound of opamp )
  Reply With Quote
Old 30th September 2012, 12:37 PM   #3227
diyAudio Member
 
Esperado's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: France
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewT View Post
I went to post1 hoping, or expecting, to see a list, or index, to all the relevant schematics and important posts.
The solution is supposed to be "on the way" . Keep putting pressure on L.C. ;-)
__________________
Ultimate Protection and more.The Only Source of Knowledge is experience, everything else is just information” ©A. Einstein
  Reply With Quote
Old 30th September 2012, 02:03 PM   #3228
diyAudio Member
 
Esperado's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: France
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay View Post
IOnly opamp was used for the input. The opamp was better than 5534, but the lousy sound of opamp was there (Sorry to those who cannot hear the sound of opamp )
It was the Mark Alexander's one ?
About Op amps sound, just try some CFB ones :-)
I'm not able to feel any change between 4 of them in serial with several configuration (inverting/non inverting, 10X gain or 1) and a strait wire in instant comparison.

It is out of topic, but i had all my life a problem with the analog mixing desks: The mixing bus is the - input of an opamp. So, more you plug tracks " in the air", more the gain of the amp increase to keep each track at the same level, and more the sound is ' lousy'... until i changed-them for C.F.B. ones...
__________________
Ultimate Protection and more.The Only Source of Knowledge is experience, everything else is just information” ©A. Einstein
  Reply With Quote
Old 30th September 2012, 03:24 PM   #3229
Jay is offline Jay  Indonesia
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Jakarta
Quote:
Originally Posted by Esperado View Post
It was the Mark Alexander's one ?
About Op amps sound, just try some CFB ones :-)
I'm not able to feel any change between 4 of them in serial with several configuration (inverting/non inverting, 10X gain or 1) and a strait wire in instant comparison.

It is out of topic, but i had all my life a problem with the analog mixing desks: The mixing bus is the - input of an opamp. So, more you plug tracks " in the air", more the gain of the amp increase to keep each track at the same level, and more the sound is ' lousy'... until i changed-them for C.F.B. ones...
Yeah I know that for everyone else, the amp was about CFB, but for me it was about IGBT I knew anything about CFB amp was only after the SSA (honestly, I followed the thread because of the IGBT thing). When I looked back, I realized that many of the good circuits that I prefer were CFB. I also liked to choose a small FB resistance, VFB or CFB.

Stochino amp for me was about high slew rate amp. Then I started to look at slew rate parameter in opamps. Coincidentally most CFB amps also have high slew rate.

And the AD opamps are I think the best I have heard. But I couldn't accept any preamp. Preferred discrete. But lately I can accept tube preamp (as part of the DAC I/V) after extra work had been done with the power supply.
  Reply With Quote
Old 30th September 2012, 03:27 PM   #3230
dadod is offline dadod  Croatia
diyAudio Member
 
dadod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Zagreb
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay View Post
I experienced this 10 years ago. I couldn't forget the amp and couldn't understand why my (supposed to be better) later amps couldn't do the same .

Only not long time ago I know that it was a CFB amp. Only opamp was used for the input. The opamp was better than 5534, but the lousy sound of opamp was there (Sorry to those who cannot hear the sound of opamp )
I am sory for those who (think they) can.
Myths in Audio
  Reply With Quote

Reply


Hide this!Advertise here!
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Symetrical schematics are alike plague in Brazil, do you like them? destroyer X Solid State 151 1st July 2010 02:09 PM
Symetrical out low Zout karsten21 Tubes / Valves 5 1st February 2010 10:19 PM
going balanced/symetrical - what benefits? weissi Solid State 15 20th October 2007 08:06 AM
Symetrical field, is this? Raka Multi-Way 6 14th September 2003 01:21 PM
Non-symetrical SMPS output cm961 Parts 4 21st August 2003 10:27 PM


New To Site? Need Help?

All times are GMT. The time now is 02:13 PM.


vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright ©1999-2014 diyAudio

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2