Simple Symetrical Amplifier

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have not done simulation with the BD 140/139 pair.. so I think you must experiment a little..

You can measure the current in the output stage over the fuse..With my driver set simulation suggests something like 250 ohms...(I would use the trimmer to find the right value an than change to a fixed resistor)

Also the resistors setting the Driver stage current can vary a little.. in my simulations (with different drivers) 140 ohm gives app 20 mA which will be just fine..
good luck.

Ok than i will mount 14ohm on socket (that will allow me to replace and tweak easily without desoldering). For R13 I will reduce a little the initial value (300R) and complet with trimmer to find the right value.

Marc

Miib,

Won't the actualy fuse place indicate the current in the "SSA" stage and the output stage?

Marc

I self answer me after reading the topic. The mesure across fuse place (replaced by resistor) indicate outpu current by deducting input driver current (2-5mA not significant toward output current) and driver current.
Right?

Marc

Hi,
you have shown capacitors across the rectifying diodes.
You may find that this increases the HF noise that is fed into the PSU.

Allow space to add a resistor in series with each capacitor.
See Hagerman and snubbers, etc.

Thanks AndrewT, I was thinking so too as an improvement, and for first fire up i plane to not mount 100n caps...I have enough place this serie resistor. I will do this modification.

Marc

HI.

The SSAstage and the listening-impresions given by members and constructor looks very promising!

I wonder if this outputstage can be used ?
My simulator says yes, but I`m not a simulatorwisard as some of you are.

I`m in the prosess of building a Amp with this output, ( bought and matched transistors)
but I`ll be happy if I can use SSA instead of the complicatet Electrocompaniet schematic.

Will you actually built it? :rolleyes:

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.