Simple Symetrical Amplifier - Page 252 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Solid State

Solid State Talk all about solid state amplification.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 1st May 2012, 08:14 PM   #2511
brianco is offline brianco  Ireland
diyAudio Member

Location: Scottish Borders - Kelso; on the famous Tweed River!
@Esperado,

The two camps have found there can be no agreement between them on this issue. I know many professional recording engineers in London and even they cannot agree. It is also off-topic so I suggest we leave it there, otherwise it could ruin a good thread...it is my fault for raising the issue.
Old 1st May 2012, 08:38 PM   #2512
diyAudio Member

No, i think LC said that they got the best result with analog. Anyway, the analog visa digital debate is fruitless.
Old 1st May 2012, 08:50 PM   #2513
brianco is offline brianco  Ireland
diyAudio Member

Location: Scottish Borders - Kelso; on the famous Tweed River!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiiB View Post
nice to see you back Brianco...
Thank you...just sent a PM to you.

Yes Joachim, you are correct on both points!
Old 2nd May 2012, 12:05 AM   #2514
diyAudio Member

Hi to all of you

Little bit late I jumped in hehe, anyway I should say something about all analog expression I stated.

As I said in given system, which happens to be our club/shop where local enthusiasts meet, analog source was a little bit better performer than the other equipment present there. Sometimes superb digital source is present but not this time, since most of the equipment is sold out since the shop will move to another location. What you've seen are more or less leftovers.

I also agree with Esperado, digital is the future, I heard few master recordings in 24/96 resolution and I have to say the format pleases me in full. The problem is availability and quality of recordings, still not always up to the expected level. But this will come slowly as high resolution will be standard and others will diminished completely.

In my home system I have only digital, mostly streamers and what interests me most is Resolution audio Cantata music centre, all in one piece. This I look forward to hear in forthcoming exhibition in Munich.

It's nice to read all of you here in one spot, comment anything (near the topic) you like, so you're all welcome anytime. Regards Andrej
Old 2nd May 2012, 02:53 AM   #2515
diyAudio Member

Thumbs up 100% Agree

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joachim Gerhard View Post
Problem is that not many have heard a proper analog rig. Even less have heard a
turntable that is precisely set up. Add to it that the records have to be super clean, flat and well pressed on good
material.
Andrej,

Congrats on Yours beautifully made Amplifier, and for the sound You mention also.

Joachim

You are Sooo Right and I Just wonder to AGREE 100% with Yours statements.

- From My own past experiences . . .
Only the correct setup-up analogue -- Vinyl playback chain is fair to make any comparation vs any-source digital !
Any Digital system is already factory-settled and no end user is necessary to operate 100% as is claimed by the unit specs.
But for 100% Vinyl playback it is necessary to have at least mid-Fi Turntable pack or if possible at least Linn LP12 full_Pack)
Optimum LP player would be VersaDinamics with air-linear tracking tonearm+LiraTitan i.
Needed pre-amplification need to be specifically tuned to the particularly LP player, tonearm, MC pick UP and the last...
a very experienced-trained person with a lot of finest mechanical & electrical skils + spectrum analys. + long time trained ears.
All this is needed to achieve the same basic 95% correct LP playback system to be ready for
any serious, documented + hearing verified comparation vs. any other source media playback.
If these needed criteria wasn't achieved for LP playback chain than any statements, conclusions -
(how bad-worse is the Vinyl vs. any digital) are totally pointless and have no weight.
Yes digital meet its claimed potential easily without any adjustment-setup-skills needed it's
true plug & play, contrary to analogue source (LP) where possible only some 35-45%
LP source players achieve 80% mechanical-electrical correct setup.

If anyone wonder to really know what is currently the closest best digital source compared
to
- The BEST Analogue -
Each Mic. (max 3.pcs) with its own individual preamp in Mic-Body + shortest HiQ Mic cables.
All Mic-Preamps then summed in HiQ summing amplifier (avoiding any mixing console) to 2CH direct transfer
to highly modded Neuman SX74 (FR 7Hz - 32Khz - 33_1/2 r.p.m. + - 2dB at extremes)Direct-Cuted to blank HiQ Vinyl lacquer disc.

- Second best Analogue -
Same 2CH O/P from a summing amp distributed from an recorder I/P distribution amp
to (2x12 CH paralell) REC Heads preamps, to a 2inch tape, bias set to +9 dB
on a STUDER A800 MK III analogue tape deck recorded at 30 ips speed and direct transfered from it
to highly modded Neuman SX74 (FR 7Hz - 32Khz +- 2dB 33_1/2 r.p.m.) Direct-Cuted to blank HiQ Vinyl lacquer disk.
These two Vinyl discs need the to be the Analogue source and played back on the 95% correct mech. adj. LP player

-- This way produced LP Analog source master would easily to compare with these digital media recordings --

1. DSD 128X - 5,6 Mhz-1bit - Currently the best digital source-media
and the only nearest harmonically and impulse perfect compared to best analogue one.

2. PCM DXD 352.8 Khz-24bit - Currently second best digital source-media

3. LPCM 192Khz - 32bit, - Currently the third best digital source-media

All other digital sources-formats are excluded from this comparative test because of degraded replay of super-sonic audio
spectra -3dB at 36 Khz.
- Still the best Analogue master LP disc and the best Digital recording is possible to make on demand these days . . .

Each source have to get the same original raw I/P audio from a 4x stereo HiQ distribution splitter recorded to each media
format mentioned and played back through the same format playback device, if solid state or tube pre-amplification will be
used then the only true-balanced topology + properly terminated connection is to be used from the very beginning till the
end (speakers) and as much as possible the same technical quality components should be chosen-used within the prempl.
equipm. , for both Vinyl and digital I/V to Line-Level O/P.
Now warm up the whole setups - precondition anything if necessary, use the appropriate test discs for correct calibration of
the both setups and make measurement verifications - to the same initial OP levels then listen the same material on both
setups with some 7 to 10 musician friends from a regular symphony orchestra - avoid all kind of HiEnd Golden ears guys
and compare the two setups - then make qualified statement in agreement with the musicians and
the results would be "SURPRISED"

Last edited by SOUND_Rays; 2nd May 2012 at 03:00 AM.
Old 2nd May 2012, 07:16 AM   #2516
dadod is offline dadod  Croatia
diyAudio Member

This one uses current feedback and OPS similar to the SSA.
dado
Attached Images
File Type: gif Lambda-sema.gif (19.8 KB, 507 views)
Old 2nd May 2012, 07:24 AM   #2517
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadod View Post
This one uses current feedback and OPS similar to the SSA.
dado
That was Bora's iteration of an amp suggestion from me, diamond buffer input plus BIGBT output. It was discussed in here.
Old 2nd May 2012, 07:23 PM   #2518
a.wayne is offline a.wayne  United States
Sin Bin

I would love to hear this amp ......Is this possible Heathcliff ... .
Old 3rd May 2012, 08:50 AM   #2519
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOUND_Rays View Post
Andrej,

Congrats on Yours beautifully made Amplifier, and for the sound You mention also.
Thank you very much, I appreciated a lot.

Thanks for digital vs. analog recording-mastering informations, very educational.
Old 3rd May 2012, 08:54 AM   #2520
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by a.wayne View Post
I would love to hear this amp ......Is this possible Heathcliff ... .
Hi a.wayne

Since you're sitting in a front row that wouldn't be a problem.

Beam me (and SSA) up Scotty.

Hide this!Advertise here!