Simple Symetrical Amplifier

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
....Shaan that is a fresh build
Not to forget that a lot of people don't like changes in their equipment, at first sight and until they are used to it. And that some amp can have defaults witch can compensate source problems ?
I used to test many amps in my studio. (Manufacturers wanted to have some "studio reference").
Unless the amp was pitiful (8/10) and eliminated after 3 minutes, it was only after one day working with it that i was able to make my opinion. I remember that some amps, looking impressive at first listening, can make mixing process very difficult.
That makes-me remember that my favorite was a Studer, CFB if i remember well. Something plugged-in and forgiven because its transparency.

Last edited:
diyAudio Chief Moderator
Joined 2002
Paid Member
Yes. But I was particularly talking in respect to the resistor current only. There may be many more ways to change the current through the VAS, like increasing the PS voltage. :)

Its a bridge system, balancing factors are many to tweak, yes. There is no VAS by the way, its just a 2 stage amp, thus challenged for OLG. There is an input symmetrical cascode and a Sziklai BJT-LATFET compound output pair.

Maybe a BJT final device?

don't like mosfets:):p:rolleyes:

Attachments

• lcs1SAP.GIF
    lcs1SAP.GIF
    11.1 KB · Views: 387
Damn I'm THE slowest guy here, As LC said...

Nice and sharp job Cambe!

edit: Hi Cambe. Did you forget to mirror the artwork? The peeceebee looks like printed as-is, reversed :scratch1:. Well, won't be a problem if you flip all the parts and PS also, I think.

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.