Simple Symetrical Amplifier

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Initially installed a 5.6pF ceramic their. Treble okay.

Then I placed a 10pF ceramic. Treble okay.

Then placed 100pF/2KV. Treble okay.

Now it's 22pF. Treble okay.

470pF? Don't know.

edit: No audible RF modulation noise in any of the above cases, even with my standing-wave RF exciter turned on.

Last edited:
Here it is my complete shaan's SSA peeceebee...

Attachments

• 20120920_130933_SSA_PEECEEBEE.jpg
    20120920_130933_SSA_PEECEEBEE.jpg
    181.9 KB · Views: 707
Dear Shaan/LazyCat
How about replacing BD139/140 with SC3423/2SA1360/? i found it in my local store.
is there any part to change?

thanks

2SC3423/2SA1360 are very good transistors for VAS, but they have Ic max=50 mA, so VAS bias current should not exceed 15 mA to have some reserve to max collector current limit.
Also current gain of 2SA/SC is linear only to some 20 mA than it drops rapidly, but for the VAS purposes in SSA they should work without any modification. :yes:

2SC3423/2SA1360 are very good transistors for VAS, but they have Ic max=50 mA, so VAS bias current should not exceed 15 mA to have some reserve to max collector current limit.
Also current gain of 2SA/SC is linear only to some 20 mA than it drops rapidly, but for the VAS purposes in SSA they should work without any modification. :yes:
Thank you very much LC for complete explanation, i learn something new.:worship:

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.