Simple Symetrical Amplifier

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Disabled Account
Joined 2006
we await with interest

Below find input section of 1) 1995 German Class H high power PA amp Input circuit. (See the similarity of the amp presented in this thread.
2) Sony N1 CFB from 90s. (I like this circuit, see the twist in the vas.

Pioneer models still to come, I am having problems getting schematics in electronic form.

Attachments

• Untitled 1.jpg
    Untitled 1.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 410
  • Untitled 2.jpg
    Untitled 2.jpg
    119.9 KB · Views: 407
Last edited:
Disabled Account
Joined 2006
Do you know the Pioneer Super Linear Circuit ?

This circuit could be adapted to use a current feedback as SSA?

the Headphone amplifier

Doesnt need to be adapted, it is current feedback, thats pioneer A9 like I mentioned in previous post, dates back to 1993 and one of the very best amps ever produced. The technology was quite advanced comparing european or american amps. Price was around 8000 US dollars. I dont need to post that one anymore then.

Disabled Account
Joined 2006
2) That is Hawksford enhaced cascode.

Indeed, THD figures for that amp are very good, Ive got 7 of these amps, 5 see daily use in bars (14 hours a day), 2 spare. They are however very reliable so spare ones are still boxed and never used. Its practically a SSA with hawksford cascode. Output uses Class H circuitry, bipolar and Mosfet.

Last edited:
Last edited:
Do you know the Pioneer Super Linear Circuit ?

This circuit could be adapted to use a current feedback as SSA?

the Headphone amplifier

Bonjour Christophe

http://www.audiodesignguide.com/Headphone_amp/A-09_inputstage.JPG

This schematic look like current FeedBack but with Jfet

Which one have you asked in the first place, the headphone amp or the Pioneer? The Pioneer is current feedback, but "less CFB" than the SSA.

In fact I would like BJT input as SSA

Same here. And I think the SSA is better than the headphone amp (just use the same BD139/140). The head-amp "trick" to lower distortion has consequence with the sound (tho not easily recognized). It is better using a string of dual silicon diodes like in the SSA. The resulting THD (and offset) will not as low as the head-amp but who needs super long trailing zeros anyway.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.