Dx Blame MKIII-Hx - Builder's thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello everyone,

I connected this weekend my ZapPulse 2.3SE amplifier again and am relaxed for sit down.
Can say that the Dx Blame MKIII-Hx is not my amplifier, this amplifier let me behind too much information.
The Dx Blame MKIII-Hx is a clean/sterile sounding amplifier without space between the instruments.
Am also very surprised to hear that there is no difference to hear between 10uF capacitor or no capacitor in the signal path.

I look regularly this tread for further measurements or changes made to this amplifier.
If there are no changes, I sell this Dx Blame MKIII-Hx amplifier with the heat sinks but without the 2 Torroids.

It was a very educational experience for me and wants to thank everyone who have helped me.

Regards,
Rudy

The difference directly between the ZapPulse 2.3 and the Dx Blame MKIII-Hx are the graphic power and air around the instruments in favor at the ZapPulse.
You get an immense, and especially deep space in which instruments are dropped in a balanced size, you can walk around the instruments as it were.
What is also striking is that by classical or acoustic music, the ZapPulse 2.3 a very balanced sound you hear especially with a guitar much more the wooden soundboard.
When you hear a violin and the vibration of the strings, is much more incitement.

Conclusion is with MY audio set:
Image power and air around the instruments is in favor at the ZapPulse 2.3 SE.
Please note I use for the power supply of the ZapPulse 2.3 SE a huge 2000Va per channel.
Also, I've heard a ZapPulse 2.3 SE with a 1000Va power supply but the 2000Va was the winner.

The technique in class D amplifiers is also not silent, maybe the new NCore ® Amplifier Modules a good opponent?
Who knows;)

Regards,
Rudy

Nope. Unable to simulate the instability. I even updated transistors SPICE simulation models in my simulator with the ones from the manufacturer's itself (I use OnSemi).

Although the transistors weren't matched, I ordered them from a big well-renowned USA reseller, so I doubt they'Re counterfeit...

Well, even though my "high bias" test were not conclusive, I still like the quality of what I hear at the low bias setting.

Nope. Unable to simulate the instability. I even updated transistors SPICE simulation models in my simulator with the ones from the manufacturer's itself (I use OnSemi).

Although the transistors weren't matched, I ordered them from a big well-renowned USA reseller, so I doubt they'Re counterfeit...

Well, even though my "high bias" test were not conclusive, I still like the quality of what I hear at the low bias setting.

I 'am of the belief if it was the design , the instability would show in spice . Could you describe what you are using for source and speakers , what are you comparing the sound to ? Other DIY design or is it a production amplifier...

I see that Cannonica is not that happy, it seems he was not satisfied

Well..... what can is say?..... a lot of guys have appreciated my amplifiers...but i cannot satisfy everyone...there are demanding guys too, and also some circuit troubles may happens because of parts.

Cannonica, and looks that A. Wayne are dissecating the unit.... impressive design knowledge you have folks...i deeply envy you because your skills and i am thinking what a pity that you have not made an amplifier for us...you have the tools to make it even better i think.

There are many different types of minds...some are analitic, some other guys are centered in feeling, sound experiences...listening tests..... the analitic is precise in the Mathematics, the good uses for design...they are all good and complementary if they figure out a way to work together in harmony, because usually they do not appreciate one each other.... we humans do not like differences.

I was arguing with wife these days because of blood and body fluids drain i have connected to my groin..... i am measuring 24 hours period of time... each day i have how many mililiters of material is going out from my bely (now flatten bely thanks god!).... sometimes i take note 25 hours since i have empty the bottles, sometimes 22 hours...sometimes 24 hours.... and one day i have measure 20 hours..... and all that stuff i am calling a "day".

Wife enters panic and said i am making a big mess...she said:

- "to inform the doctor you may do it precise"

I said that this is not needed, because the measurement technique (marks in the bottle) is not precise, and the doctor must know how big it is compared to 40 mililiters that is his dead line to remove the drains from my body...if 140, or 150, or 120, or 130 is not that important...the target is 40....so...if i am so distant from the targed, the minimum quantity that will make the doctor decide to remove the thing, does not matter is it is precise or not.

Also he decide by the colour of these fluids that may be light yellow alike urine.... without blood...or with small ammount of blood (rose)...... how precise is the measurement when i am so distant from the target is not important.

She continue to say i am making a mess and the doctor will not be well informed...... you see how brain works....she is not stupid.... she is not flexible....a rigid mind that does not focus the main target..she worries about each step...goes to small details.

This is the problem sometimes...dissecating the whole thing you may find a lot of strange things...in special if you are searching for absolute precision..alike 1 milivolt off set and these things.... you replace a transistor and the offset changes.... these things are never precise alike a digital waveform...that coded sequence of pulses..this is analog electronics.... it has more or less something.

Oscilations....yeah...of course, and triggered by the audio signal..... very possible depending the transistor gain..... my scope was damaged and it remains damaged...it is possible....simulator said it is stable...what a hell..simulators are not very good to check reality...i also cannot trust on them....use the standard practices to block oscilations...in the VAS stage and in the feedback line...if you have suspections about the output (the same in several model of amplifiers make wide world) install some capacitors there to check.

Mine units are working great..no problems here....and seems other guys have assembled without complains....this must be some mistake.... some part that is not correct.... error in the capacitor maybe..the compensation one...the choice was a small value in order to extend the bandwidth...was tuned to best sound to bat listen...humans can be happy with 270pf there....make some tests Cannonica.

I am feeling some sadness....... you and Wayne not that happy.... a pity that...you are one of the most exciting guys that have deep passion by audio amplifies.... Cannonica is an artist of photography....i have a lot of respect by you two..... bad luck to uncle charlie to have you not happy with my amplifier..... what a pity.

Hundreds have made my amplifiers and felt deeply happy....i could not make you happy.... and the most vibrating guys.... well... we cannot he happy all the time.

Go ahead searching for parts mistake, increase stability capacitors, install one in the NFB.... try something.... i hope you gonna find something wrong.

regards,

Carlos

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.