Dx Blame MKIII-Hx - Builder's thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I also like this one with 5 pair trannies and smaller size

Attachments

• MKIII_HX_small.jpg
    MKIII_HX_small.jpg
    221.8 KB · Views: 381
Did anybody asked for a 3-pair version? It would be rather small, and be able to handle 120W RMS into 8Ohms. And having all the trannies on the same edge, it will be easy to mount on any single heatsink.
With removed on-board reservoir caps it will provide a good and compact solution for 6 or 8 channels amp.

Last edited:
Ive already asked this.

But what would it take to have true balanced inputs on this amp?

Would it mean remaking everything?

Thanks!

/GM

A differential input (called "balanced buffer") would need to be inserted at the input stage.

For a true balanced signal, a hot wire must carry the positive polarity signal while the cold caries the negative polarity one. It's in fact the same signal but in phase opposition. In that manner, all the potential external parasitic noises are captured equally by the two wires. The differential input then "filters out" the parasite noise because the differential input cancels it.

You see that the cold wire cannot be considered as a reference ground because it must carry the same signal as the hot one, but in phase opposition.

The preamp would need to have an inverting output as well to send the inverted signal into the cold wire.

The third wire present in a standard balanced cable is simply a chassis ground.

Hope it helps.
Tell me if I'm wrong or incomplete.
Martin.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.