Dx Blame MKIII-Hx - Builder's thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've changed 390R resistance to a 2.2 K resistor.
Now regulates my Fettle Preamp better, it was 4 steps on listening quality with the 41-step series attenuator of Acoustic Dimension.
Now it take 10 steps, much nicer listening with the with the 41-step series attenuator.

Have now ordered 2 pieces Charcroft Z-Foil Resistors 2K2 0.4 W.
For replacement of the 2.2 K TAKMAN Audio Metal Film Resistors.
Wonder what the differences will be.

Regards,
Rudy

Now I listen with the Charcroft Z-Foil Resistors 2K2 0.4 w.
Upcoming weekend I will tell you all how it sounds in my set.

I got the idea that certain tweeks, not appreciated in this topic.
I think it people seen this tweek as snake oil because I also get little to no response my entry in connection with the 1uF in signal path.

Regards,
Rudy

Last edited:
You are correct Gain =r2+r3\r2===121.5 Evette

keep it coming .....

Now I listen with the Charcroft Z-Foil Resistors 2K2 0.4 w.
Upcoming weekend I will tell you all how it sounds in my set.

I got the idea that certain tweeks, not appreciated in this topic.
I think it people seen this tweek as snake oil because I also get little to no response my entry in connection with the 1uF in signal path.

Regards,
Rudy

Not sure about the others , but i never intended to use input cap ...

I will then pull me back quietly, in this topic with my modifications ;)

Regards,
Rudy

Please post what you do , so far we are happy to know the MK3 is indestructible..:D

On a serious note , post what you find, there is always something to learn/ do , if you start to play with the NFB values , i would be interested in hearing your discovery ...

Mr. Rudy Sir, Please do not take offence to what I posted I enjoy reading your changes to your amps. However lets carry your mods a little further,,by putting in a seperate front end supply and then driving the output stages,,Then you,ll really hear a difference.
Again forgive me for offending you. Kisses Evette

Mr. Rudy Sir, Please do not take offence to what I posted I enjoy reading your changes to your amps. However lets carry your mods a little further,,by putting in a seperate front end supply and then driving the output stages,,Then you,ll really hear a difference.
Again forgive me for offending you. Kisses Evette

Hi Evette,

It is no problem, I thought there was no interest in modifications that I do.
Tell something more about the modification where you're talking about, maybe to design a new board?

Regards,
Rudy

Hey Mr. Wayne I,m sure your working very hard on your amps and I,m sure you,ll have many wonderfull hours tinkering with them is there anything I can help you With:D:eek:

Yes, My list is long ... I will send by courier .... :D

Hi Evette,

It is no problem, I thought there was no interest in modifications that I do.
Tell something more about the modification where you're talking about, maybe to design a new board?

Regards,
Rudy

Not so Rudy, maybe people don't respond at the moment .. same as you !!! :)

You're right Astankov, I was pointing to the wrong resistor. The picture below is corrected.

Well, to emulate the gain of a 200W RMS /8 Ohm consumer power-amp, the values should be around 47K for R11 and 1.8K or 1.6K for R09, which would give a gain of around 27-30.

So an input of 1.4v RMS would give about 200W RMS into 8 ohm.

Please always correct me when I'm wrong ;) hahaha.
Martin.

Attachments

• Calculate_Gain.png
    Calculate_Gain.png
    46.2 KB · Views: 444
Last edited:
However lets carry your mods a little further,,by putting in a seperate front end supply and then driving the output stages,,Then you,ll really hear a difference.

If we create a better amplifier this way, why than a new board with 4 trannies?
Patrick is it not better to create a new structure like Evette defines?

I'm going to build a new Dx Blame MKIII-Hx only if I definitely know that it gives an improvement.

Regards,
Rudy

Status
Not open for further replies.