Dx Blame MKIII-Hx - Builder's thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I disagree Martin... you are awesome... the amplifier is also awesome

i am the less interesting part in that story.

You made a beautiful construction, produced professional pictures.... Doctor Self designed this style of amplifiers..Photo to Video Converter (freeware software) made the video for me....Alicia Bridges (I love the nightlife) presented the spectacular voice...i am the one who promotes the amplifier.

regards,

Carlos

Last edited:
Martin,

That's just beautiful! Thank you for posting so many nice pics and other info.

My build has been going slowly. Yes, when I feel like I'm almost finished because all I need to do is throw everything into a metal box, things suddenly get bogged down. I thought i would be finished a long time ago. I had to move the transistors from the top to the bottom of the board so that I can put the board parallel to the heatsinks. I had to re-build my bridge rectifiers so they took up less space. I made a metal bracket to hold my transformers sideways, because that's the only way they'll fit. I built the Elliott Sound System's soft start. I'm having a difficult time getting the transistors pressed against the heatsink. I broke 2 taps trying to tap holes in the heatsinks, so I need to use nuts & bolts. There is always a fin in the way wherever I need to put a bolt, so I'm using metal bars to clamp them against the heatsink.

:snail: :snail: :snail:

Congratulations. Martin.

-Byron

As youknow I'm changing the layout of the board.What do you think about the following the yellow circle is a cut out of 8mm the reason for that is the possibility to mount the trannie underneed the board
?The holes for the trannies will be plated through

Attachments

• mkiii hx CUT OUT.png
    mkiii hx CUT OUT.png
    128.3 KB · Views: 482
I checked everything. all parts are correct and when i switched it on, the protective resistors grows hot. i don't know whats the problem.

Did you set the quiescent current adjustment to minimum before powering up? The 1K preset resistor should initially be set to maximum resistance - that is, its wiper is nearest the bias transistor's base end. The more this transistor conducts, the lower the quiescent current in the output stage.

Regards,
currentflow

Last edited:
Just have fun with it!

Thank you I thought I should make a video of me like playing a video game and my computer crash so it was funny because in reality the fuse blow out also I forgot that didn’t have the 10 amp but 5 amp fuses installed so that was not plan to happen that they blow out
I was playing with half of the volume imagine if I turn the volume even more with the 10 amp fuses, I understand that my camera was not able to reproduce the low frequencies but I was having fun for real, I don’t get mad I did understand that the current was too high so the fuses they were really skinny wire so of course they going to blow out, but I just want it to show that you don’t have to be so serious about the building just have fun with it, and I love the results, I talked to my friend yesterday and I show him the video and he told that the intro was a bit too long so I edit to make go faster, he was right I don’t mind changed, but I will continue make more videos about Dx MKIII Hx you know building, installation, demos I mean “better demos” and my friend he got a really expensive camcorder and I really want try to get best sound as possible thank you for support my videos my dear friend destroyer x.

Regards

vargasmongo3435

Last edited:
I really like them... i do think you are creative

much better than me.... you have rhythm, your editions are precise...your camera is always in the correct place, the scenes have the correct timing to watch them (3 seconds)... i do think you are a natural movie man.

I was pro in that subject, 30 years working to broadcasting Television... you have great future if you make investment in this area.

The rhythm was bad and you fixed...so...you have self criticism...you sniff, or feel what is correct even not be studying the subject.... evaluate watching.

My main hobby now a days is to watch youtube videos.... and i am spending 5 hours a day doing that..it is not common to see videos with your quality...even the walk in your garden showing rust transistors was very well made.

regards,

Carlos

Status
Not open for further replies.