Dx Blame MKIII-Hx - Builder's thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
What is your amplifier model?

Your forum does not show picture..we have to register and log in to see pictures.

I do not know how to read Chinese languages.... so, unable to register.

People from this forum, that made contact with my amplifiers when and while subscribed to this forum, all them have support and follow up...people that has bough boards from other sources, that have not etched circuit boards by themselves at home, have not support.

There are too many non authorized suppliers of Dx amplifiers, and i do not stimulate nor help this kind of enterprise.

If you are within this condition, then you should find help at your dealer... if not, then send me picture of your home made pcboard and you will have all support.

regards,

Carlos

Last edited:
This is a solution when you have the need to insert a series resistor

a very ugly way to do...but works too...i do prefere to put underneath of the board as no one will see the mess.

regards,

Carlos

Attachments

• Ugly solution.jpg
    Ugly solution.jpg
    20.4 KB · Views: 1,254
Be aware boys...you have now a high power amplifier

I was using my 150 watts Philips speaker and i have increased volume too much...power gone to 600 watts RMS and my speaker started to smell bad.... speake's voice coil resistance dropped to 2.9 ohms because of that.

So..... take care of your speakers...use high power driver units or do not increase too much your volume the way i did.

regards,

Carlos

Attachments

• Power specifications 1.png
    Power specifications 1.png
    35.1 KB · Views: 1,101
  • Power 2 specification.jpg
    Power 2 specification.jpg
    139.1 KB · Views: 1,024
  • Second speaker burned, this time was the MKIII Hx.jpg
    Second speaker burned, this time was the MKIII Hx.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 1,012
Last edited:
I've one SMPS in mind at SMPS forum and it's fully tested.What benefits we would have is the price and weight.Some people are saying that a conventional powersupply gives a better sound.Thelaudio claims that the regulation of a regulated powersupply may not be too tight it must have some voltage drop and this way you could use large spicing caps which benefits the sound.When I buy one it would be one of these from Connexelctronics.I must say the one I would build has almost the same layout.

Attachments

• SMPS2000R.jpg
    SMPS2000R.jpg
    114.1 KB · Views: 1,069
The PSU must be able to meet the current demand of the load.

Transformers and smoothing capacitors can survive quite extreme overloading and continue to work without any apparent damage.

An SMPS must be designed to satisfy that same current demand, without suddenly entering some protection regime, because the speaker and the signal demanded more current than the SMPS was designed to supply.
Peak transient current specification must be developed to allow the SMPS to keep up with a transformer + smoothing caps.

Still looking for Alex's heatsinks

I already asked this question, but I'll try one more time.

I like the profile for the heatsinks for the MJE15030 and MJE15033 transistors Alex drew in the silkscreen, but can't find them. Does anyone know of such heatsink? If not, what is everyone using?

-Byron

Attachments

• mystery heatsink.JPG
    mystery heatsink.JPG
    7.8 KB · Views: 991
Thanks everyone. I'll look into those links.

Next question: I just learned about the existence of something called a noise suppression capacitor or EMI suppression capacitor. The various manufacturers claim they are specifically designed for, or especially good at noise suppression. The are more expensive than other comparable caps (e.g. $2.42 compared to $0.94 for a 47nF 250V polypro film). Does anyone know of such creatures? Are they worth it? I was thinking of using them for the 100nF and 47nF condensers between signal and signal ground. I assume the purpose of those caps is to filter noise from the signal ground, no?

-Byron

Status
Not open for further replies.