Dx Blame MKIII-Hx - Builder's thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have found, from the other forum mainly, some guys

that are not "that skilled"... they where evaluated by the questions they have made.... then i realise i should explain details to help them to assemble.

Here you have the first video.... i do think we gonna have two or three in total.

1 - Tips and tricks about MKIII Hx components - YouTube

From time to time you may hear strange things in my videos...this is because i am human and sometimes i do mistakes (half of the time will be better to say)

regards,

Carlos

Heatsinks for MJE15033 & MJE15030

Greetings,

Does anyone know of a heatsink which matches the profile Alex drew for MJE15033 & MJE15033. I've been looking at heatsinks for TO-220 cases and I can only find the stamped, "wrap-around" style which fit on the board. The nice extruded ones are all too wide.

-Byron

How to measure your output power without damage your speakers

Full power connected to a speaker may blow it...so..use dummy load..video explains how to make it using cheap multimeter, a couple of resistors, a signal generator or a low voltage AC transformer as audio generator.

Dx amp. dummy load to measure power, medir potencia com carga - YouTube

regards,

Carlos

Joined 2004
Paid Member
Inductor

The output inductor is shown on the schematic as 2.2 uH and on the PCB it looks like 2.2mH. I assume 2.2 uH is correct.

Is there some guidance on how to wind the inductor - wire gauge, coil diameter and number of windings? I assume for this huge output some large gauge magnet wire is needed.

Thanks,
Francois

Use enameled copper wire.
Choose between 1.0mm diam and 1.6mm diam.
Find a former of between 10mm and 20mm diameter.
Wind on between 8turns and 20turns for less to more inductance.

The smaller diameter formers will need more turns to achieve similar inductance.

A single layer winding is OK.

François G, if you have a basic understanding of portuguese

you can use a software i can send you...it is ony 1M size.

There are several coil calculator software around.... if you want this one them write to uncle charlie:

nanabrother@hotmail.com
carlos.eugenio1951@yahoo.com

Them i will send you the software.... there are some sentences you must translate to your language....but only a few sentences...see the image.

You can have any inductance value with any wire thickness...we use 1 to 3 milimeters thickness because they are easy to find, easy to make coils or (thick ones) they are mechanically resistant to continue having its shape even if you hit them with your arm, finger or any tool...you can make 2.2uh with any wire thickness, it is up to you to make it large or not large.... software offer mathematics calculation considering wire thickness, coil diameter, coil length and number of turns.

Image shows a picture with a small coil (more turns, small diameter) and other image shows a big coil, the one has less turns, thicker wire and large diameter.

regards,

Carlos

Attachments

• Coil calculator.jpg
    Coil calculator.jpg
    106.2 KB · Views: 1,206
  • small coil (1).jpg
    small coil (1).jpg
    105.6 KB · Views: 1,187
  • small coil (2).jpg
    small coil (2).jpg
    237.5 KB · Views: 1,174
Last edited:
If the resistor has any magnetic material in it's construction (eg. Fe iron and others) then do not run it inside the coil (inductor).
Pass the resistance/s outside the coil to avoid (or at least minimise) any magnetic effect.

Since the resistor passes the HF, it should have the shortest route through the Network from amplifier to speaker. The inductor passes LF & MF and so can be offset from the shortest most straight route. If one is PCB mounting this part of the Thiele Network, then locating the resistor under the PCB in line with the traces would achieve the HF performance. Locate the inductor on standoffs (extended legs of the wire) on the topside of the PCB.

Status
Not open for further replies.