Dx Blame MKIII-Hx - Builder's thread - Page 9 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Solid State

Solid State Talk all about solid state amplification.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 13th September 2011, 08:51 AM   #81
AndrewT is offline AndrewT  Scotland
diyAudio Member

Suppressors for switch noise are available.
I wonder if those are what you refer to?
Old 13th September 2011, 09:42 AM   #82
mj777 is offline mj777  Philippines
diyAudio Member

Default heat sink

Quote:
Originally Posted by ByronInLawrence View Post
I already asked this question, but I'll try one more time.

I like the profile for the heatsinks for the MJE15030 and MJE15033 transistors Alex drew in the silkscreen, but can't find them. Does anyone know of such heatsink? If not, what is everyone using?

-Byron
Please check this link maybe it will help,TO-220 Heatsinks, and there price are not that expensive, I have ordered online from them many times and the quality of the parts are also good.

regards,
mj777

Last edited by mj777; 13th September 2011 at 09:48 AM.
Old 13th September 2011, 10:17 AM   #83
alex mm is offline alex mm  Romania
diyAudio Member

........yes this heatsink it's like in the pictures from above link
Alex.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg HEATSINK.jpg (24.6 KB, 737 views)
Old 13th September 2011, 06:35 PM   #84
diyAudio Member

Thumbs up I found the perfect one

Thanks, everyone for the links. I found one exactly like what Alex drew on the silkscreen. It is at:
Heatsinks - TO-220 - TO220ST
Attached Images
File Type: jpg heatsink.JPG (7.8 KB, 702 views)
Old 13th September 2011, 11:14 PM   #85
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewT View Post
Suppressors for switch noise are available.
I wonder if those are what you refer to?
The descriptions just said they're good for noise suppression. They didn't say what kind of noise. Here are several examples.
http://www.okaya.com/images/noise/1100.pdf
Vishay - Vishay's New X2 Interference Suppression Film Capacitors Feature Capacitance Values from 0.001 μF to 4.7 μF and Pitch Sizes Down to 7.5 mm
http://www.kemet.com/kemet/web/homepage/kechome.nsf/vapubfiles/KEM_F3011_PME271M_X2_275.pdf/$file/KEM_F3011_PME271M_X2_275.pdf
http://www.cde.com/catalogs/MPX.pdf
I found that they all had leads which were too far apart, so I went with normal caps.
Old 14th September 2011, 11:33 AM   #86
diyAudio Member

Default I will disassemble my prototype to save parts

Was tested and worked great..no reason to keep prototype assembled when i need some parts are there not in use.

MKIII Hx prototype will be dismantled to save usefull parts - YouTube

regards,

Carlos
Old 14th September 2011, 05:26 PM   #87
diyAudio Member

Here you've a regulator
Attached Images
File Type: jpg APEX%20%20Regulated%20PSU-10.jpg (259.4 KB, 674 views)
Old 14th September 2011, 07:21 PM   #88
a.wayne is offline a.wayne  United States
Sin Bin

Meanman ,

What is that regulated PSU good for, VAS ? or for the main amp as well ?
Old 14th September 2011, 08:37 PM   #89
diyAudio Member

Main power
Old 14th September 2011, 10:21 PM   #90
diyAudio Member

Default There's a trimpot A. Wayne, so you can adjust

You can have 85 volts entering and adjust to any voltage you need...this gonna be a laboratory power supply, to feed several different power amplifiers as we can adjust output voltage.

The circuit shown, with Apex name on it, is the same i use that was a copy from Ampex Open Reel Video Tape recorders down the seventies..also used by Sony.... it is a generic series pass circuit that works very well...performance of this circuit is great and regulation can be within 5 percent.

Depending how many power transistors you have in the series pass, you can use it as main power supply and can use it as secondary power supply feeding VAS and first stage...in this last case you will not need a powerfull transformer and will not need high power series pass transistors.

Adjustable stabilized power supplies can be good as step down regulators, so you can have a 85 volts transformer and will need to power a 65 volts amplifier...then it will be a helping hand.

The trouble is that they must be as fast as your amplifier and better when the supply is faster than your power amplifier, say, correcting errors (voltage variations) very fast.

The main need, in my point of view is to use at least 20 plus 20 thousand microfarads in the output of the series pass, and hard is to do this way and continue to have a fast response of your error amplifier (that transistor and zener in the feedback patch)

A good circuit can help a lot your performance, will reduce modulations, will reduce distortions, will increase peak power compared with a non regulated supply (as voltage will stand still in the preset value)....but can destroy your amplifier performance if bad designed, bad adjusted, bad tuned to your specific current demand.

regards,

Carlos

Hide this!Advertise here!