Dx Blame MKIII-Hx - Builder's thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi All-
Personally I'm very satisfied with my MK III. It has a wide sound stage and a very open reproduction of high frequency sounds. Mine is slightly altered from the original design and uses a higher bias setting. Perhaps those interested in experimenting could try making some of the same mods and see if you like the results. They are all in this thread in my earlier posts.

Good luck Uncle Charlie in your new pursuits. Better to sail toward the horizon than around in circles. I'm going to keep you in my spy glass.

Steve

DX Blame MKIII

Uncle Charlie,

Please give some feedback about this Rev2.2....

Regards,

Attachments

• DX BLAME MKIII REV 2.2.jpg
    DX BLAME MKIII REV 2.2.jpg
    224.2 KB · Views: 335
I cannot...i am old...i have 61 years old...i do not remember

You have to say all modifications you have done...also show me the original.... point alike exploded view all you have change position, also the component values you have changed.

The way i am showing in the image..also you must provide me the official image...the previous one..the one you used as a base to start modifications or improvements...have to search for it and post it to me...i have no time to do it...i am doing several things same time...really busy to go searching for images.

Watch my videos you will see that i am busy..each video takes a couple of hours..also the amplifiers and circuits to build, my home, my family, my work...all that spend my time.

See here and you may understand:

Dx Super A - Dx Voltage regulator - YouTube

and here:

Playing with the Dx Super A power supply - YouTube

and here:

Fonte Dx... como é essa coisa - YouTube

All these videos made today...almost 5 hours spent to do it...and more a couple of hours to the supply, another couple of hours to take care of my home, my wife, my daugthers, to make food, to cook, to wash dishes, to clean my pants...well... uncle charlie is busy..and slow, and old.

You must make all the "hard work", providing me clear informations for evaluation purposes...because all that stuff depends on concentration..depends on focus...i need to stop, to start think about, to understand what i have made in the past and to understand what you have made.

I cannot do in other way.

Also inform me were is the button to stop the time machine..then having it stopped i will have more time to watch your layout.

regards,

Carlos

Attachments

• Supercharged blue boards mods to install Dx Super A.jpg
    Supercharged blue boards mods to install Dx Super A.jpg
    673 KB · Views: 331
Last edited:
Sorry uncle charlie just to clarify that i did not change anything on this amp and no knowledge about designing or modifying amp.
I'll just grab this on below link Post#123 and i dont see your feedback after Alex post this on your thread.

diysmps

And wish to hear your comments of this Rev.2.2 (if you can), but if not well I'm still thankful for your reply.

Regards,

Last edited:
Sir Carlos:

I'm interested in building your dx amp. My problem is which variant should I try? there's so many versions available.

I'd like something where frequency is as flat and neutral as can be. I understand the first DX is bassy? Can you point me to a post showing a comparison between each variants, (dx vs blame vs dx turbo vs dx superchared etc).

Thank you sir

Dx Blame ST is the one sounded better

Others are a little bit different...but not too much.

The most modern is the Dx Super A, but it is the Dx Blame ST retuned and having the Super A circuit included...it is the best for treble, but i do think the Dx Blame ST sounds more flat.

HRII, MKII, Supercharged..all them are developments from the Dx Blame ST.... more power and almost the same performance.

Older ones, Dx amplifier, DHR Turbo and Troyan are a little bit bassy.

regards,

Carlos

Last edited:
The subject is Dx Super A and it is an action from the DCorpsa.... "Dx Corporation Strategical Advertisement"

A friend goes to that Brazilian forum, where people loves some fight or scandall, and then start to say bad things about me..then i go there, directly or indirectly (using videos) to answer the offense....then we go even.

Well, this attract people to the thread there..and i will have the chance to promote the DIY, for free, amplifier for them to build.

Não gosto do Dx!, i do not like uncle charlie! - YouTube

regards,

Carlos

Interesting way of getting traffic

This amplifier is a little bit orphan.... when it was ready

I gave a break into my audio electronics activities and i let it alone...i have not helped audio foruns for monthes long.

I really feel sorry that this happened...now a days i do not even remember what happened here and i have not time enough to read all thread to start all over again.

Also i am busy with other projects too.

This is something we can fix with a time machine to return to the past.... as we do not have this machine available, this will not be entirelly fixed.

regards,

Carlos

Mr. Carlos Sir,,I have really enjoyed building your many amps,,and I,ve enjoyed making them to my own taste. Your circuits gives everyone a very good solid platform to learn from..My only problem is I can,t move my hands the way I used too I suffer alot of pain everytime I decide to build something. But with your amps I make sure I build everyone of them regardless of how much pain..So please contiue to make your AMPS. Evette

If you want me to retune the MKIII i will do it Evette

Because i cannot dennie to you, a very good friend...but give me some time.

Retuning may represent you to substitute a few parts with the help of my dear niece Evette.

Just let me know your orders and i will do it the way you want it.

I would reduce it's power dear Evette, because this way i can tune it and also reduce it's huge price...people can cut pcboards with a hacksaw and build the same way i did, or they can etch using ony the central main circuit removing the other transistors.

To tune it correctly i have to calibrate to the supply voltage....if i do it to 55 volts, for instance, or 64 volts, then it will not be perfect to 45 volts...and the opposite is also truth.

I cannot make everybody happy...this is almost impossible, but i can make you happy...this is possible.

Give the orders, uncle charlie will be at your service!

In that period of time i was using scope (damaged) and tweaking by the scope and simulator...now a day i have returned to the old style.... i do start from the simulator but i go changing listening...this results better..i am not bothering anymore with the waveform..i want good sound...this is priority!

regards,

Carlos

Last edited:
Looks like your subs have dual 4R voice coils,
So I'm guessing for this amp you'll wire them series for 8R load.
Getting Max Power into 8R takes High Voltage, difficult in car.

I have a dual voice coil sub in my car, but I drive it at 2R (vcoils in parallel) from dedicated CAR amp (1R 2R stable according to box it came in :).)

Regards

It has dual 2R coil I connect in series to get 4R and 2 sub connected in parallel and it was driven with this Alpine amp. but this 2 fat boys was too heavy on my trunk so i have replaced them with 12" JBL, i wish this MKIII HX of uncle Carlos would be enough to drive into Max power.

Regards,

Attachments

• mrp_m1000__90755.jpg
    mrp_m1000__90755.jpg
    14.8 KB · Views: 98
Status
Not open for further replies.