Dx Blame MKIII-Hx - Builder's thread - Page 67 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Solid State

Solid State Talk all about solid state amplification.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 21st December 2011, 05:53 PM   #661
diyAudio Member

Send a message via Yahoo to vargasmongo3435
thank you man I always try my best, and yes there are beautiful girls here in Puerto Rico

Regards
vargasmongo3435
Old 21st December 2011, 06:16 PM   #662
diyAudio Member

Default It seems we all love the stuff...audio and girls!

I have a friend, my best friend.... 22 years of good friendship...he always worked at the airport for Exon Mobil Aviation and other companies.

He is the man responsible to Kerosene, the aviation fuel previous preparation...there are filters to remove water.... Kerosene cannot have water because water turns into ice and this stuck the fuel pipes.... the Kerosene i am talking about is the same aviation fuel, but this one is not 100% pure... this one is not aviation fuel, it is almost the same if you think it in an atomic base.

Muchachas?... mucho me gusta (girls?... i love them... a lot!)

I have three single daughters...all them just to have the College degree... sweet girls.... different skin color and i am searching for veterans to marry them. (kidding) ... each one of them have enormous apartment in front of the sea...nice and wealthy lovely sweet girls (real)

My people is friendly folks....here, even fishes comes to your hands..you do not need to fish them out from the sea...they come into your hands.

Wanna be happy like us?... then build a Dx amplifier ...they are good even if you play them upside down alike the picture posted.

ahahahahaha!

regards,

Carlos
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Porto de Galinhas - PE - Brasil (1).jpg (279.3 KB, 363 views)
File Type: jpg Porto de Galinhas - PE - Brasil (2).jpg (577.0 KB, 358 views)
File Type: jpg Wanna be happy.jpg (699.9 KB, 334 views)

Last edited by destroyer X; 21st December 2011 at 06:44 PM.
Old 22nd December 2011, 05:24 PM   #663
AndrewT is offline AndrewT  Scotland
diyAudio Member

Pondering.
Should I consider moving to Brazil?
Old 22nd December 2011, 06:00 PM   #664
evette is offline evette  Canada
diyAudio Member

Send a message via Yahoo to evette
Yes
Old 22nd December 2011, 06:24 PM   #665
a.wayne is offline a.wayne  United States
diyAudio Member

Down Joe , Down ......
Old 23rd December 2011, 06:07 AM   #666
diyAudio Member

Default hehehehhe... the place is fine... i ensure you all will be very welcome

and will feel yourself at home.

Guaranteed!

regards,

Carlos
Old 23rd December 2011, 08:31 PM   #667
diyAudio Member

Default Merry Christmas to all of you.

In my heart, the presence of my daughters is the best gift i can have.

I will have an excellent Christmas boys.

Enjoy scenes from Brasil.... Northeast of Brasil.... State of Pernambuco, town is Recife...the beach is Porto de Galinhas (chicken port because ships arrived filled till the top with slaves from Africa...they use to say the ship was loaded with chickens) ....now the chicks there are much more interesting...but careful about my sweet girls, i have a double barreled shot gun 12 gauge.

Charlie daughters in Recife - Porto de Galinhas - YouTube

regards,

Carlos
Old 23rd December 2011, 08:57 PM   #668
a.wayne is offline a.wayne  United States
diyAudio Member

Merry Christmas Carlos , guys all the best .............
Old 24th December 2011, 12:45 PM   #669
Vigier is offline Vigier  Netherlands
diyAudio Member

Hi,

I've been following this thread for a while and meanman made me even more enthousiastic. Since you need quite a large heatsink for this amp, why don't you/we use a separate powersupply for the voltage section?
The 2 1N4007's will drop the voltage with 1,5 to 2 V's, that means more dissipation for the current section. With a lower voltage --> less dissipation --> maybe one set of output devices less. Reason I'd like that is to make the PCB smaller than 25cm, that would fit better in the casing.
I changed a few things in the schematic of Carlos:
  • 69V power supply
  • Extra capacitor for current section
  • MJL4281/MJL4302 (230W instead of 200W) for current section
Maybe I dropped the voltage of the current section a little too much, but can anyone comment on this schematic?

Greatings, Joris
Attached Images
File Type: png DX Blame MKIII-Hx Vigier double supply.png (104.7 KB, 237 views)
Old 24th December 2011, 12:52 PM   #670
AndrewT is offline AndrewT  Scotland
diyAudio Member

I understand the need for high front end voltage.
It helps prevent clipping in the voltage amplifier stage whenever a high level transient comes along.

I also understand the desire to reduce heat load and electrical stress on the output stage by keeping the supply voltage as low as your desired maximum Vpk output allows.

I can't understand why you show a 14V difference between the front and back end supplies.
Will a clean unclipped signal coming from the front end cause the output stage transistors to go into saturation?
Will the output stage come out of saturation quickly?
Will the 14V overhead make for better audio quality when high level transients pass through?

I don't know all the answers, but I do know that someone needs those answers before making that decision.

Hide this!Advertise here!