Dx Blame MKIII-Hx - Builder's thread - Page 60 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Solid State

Solid State Talk all about solid state amplification.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 1st December 2011, 10:08 AM   #591
AndrewT is offline AndrewT  Scotland
diyAudio Member

Is that To220 the temperature compensation for the output bias voltage?

I would try a To126, since I think it responds more quickly.
Or glue a sot23 to the collector/drain PIN of the output device/s
Old 1st December 2011, 12:26 PM   #592
diyAudio Member

I checked everything. all parts are correct and when i switched it on, the protective resistors grows hot. i don't know whats the problem.
Old 1st December 2011, 01:39 PM   #593
diyAudio Member

Can you post a close-up pic of your board?
Old 1st December 2011, 02:03 PM   #594
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by harmonicconverger View Post
I checked everything. all parts are correct and when i switched it on, the protective resistors grows hot. i don't know whats the problem.
Did you set the quiescent current adjustment to minimum before powering up? The 1K preset resistor should initially be set to maximum resistance - that is, its wiper is nearest the bias transistor's base end. The more this transistor conducts, the lower the quiescent current in the output stage.

Regards,
currentflow

Last edited by currentflow; 1st December 2011 at 02:19 PM.
Old 1st December 2011, 02:13 PM   #595
diyAudio Member

found it. its now playing music. but its late evening so i cannot make it louder. i set emitter to 0.9mV.
Old 1st December 2011, 02:56 PM   #596
diyAudio Member

is 56pf will replace the 180pf according to the updated schematics?
Old 4th December 2011, 06:49 PM   #597
diyAudio Member

Default Enjoy your Blame MKIII Hx as Vargas did

It is always a good idea to replace a problem by a pleasure.

Fuse gone?.... good... this means you have power.

My computer crash, Alpine Type R + MKIII Hx = one more test! - YouTube

regards,

Carlos
Old 5th December 2011, 08:57 AM   #598
diyAudio Member

Default Shorter version of Vargas video that means...enjoyment

My computer crash, Alpine Type R + MKIII Hx (short vercion) - YouTube

regards,

Carlos
Old 5th December 2011, 01:41 PM   #599
diyAudio Member

Send a message via Yahoo to vargasmongo3435
Talking Just have fun with it!

Thank you I thought I should make a video of me like playing a video game and my computer crash so it was funny because in reality the fuse blow out also I forgot that didn’t have the 10 amp but 5 amp fuses installed so that was not plan to happen that they blow out
I was playing with half of the volume imagine if I turn the volume even more with the 10 amp fuses, I understand that my camera was not able to reproduce the low frequencies but I was having fun for real, I don’t get mad I did understand that the current was too high so the fuses they were really skinny wire so of course they going to blow out, but I just want it to show that you don’t have to be so serious about the building just have fun with it, and I love the results, I talked to my friend yesterday and I show him the video and he told that the intro was a bit too long so I edit to make go faster, he was right I don’t mind changed, but I will continue make more videos about Dx MKIII Hx you know building, installation, demos I mean “better demos” and my friend he got a really expensive camcorder and I really want try to get best sound as possible thank you for support my videos my dear friend destroyer x.

Regards

vargasmongo3435

Last edited by vargasmongo3435; 5th December 2011 at 01:48 PM.
Old 5th December 2011, 10:59 PM   #600
diyAudio Member

Default I really like them... i do think you are creative

much better than me.... you have rhythm, your editions are precise...your camera is always in the correct place, the scenes have the correct timing to watch them (3 seconds)... i do think you are a natural movie man.

I was pro in that subject, 30 years working to broadcasting Television... you have great future if you make investment in this area.

The rhythm was bad and you fixed...so...you have self criticism...you sniff, or feel what is correct even not be studying the subject.... evaluate watching.

My main hobby now a days is to watch youtube videos.... and i am spending 5 hours a day doing that..it is not common to see videos with your quality...even the walk in your garden showing rust transistors was very well made.

regards,

Carlos

Hide this!Advertise here!