Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Solid State

Solid State Talk all about solid state amplification.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 24th November 2011, 06:55 PM   #541
BMW850 is offline BMW850  Netherlands
diyAudio Member

Tomorrow I will look to the bottom off the print, maybe I can soldering the resistor on the bottom off the board, then I use the 2R2 1 watt.

Regards,
Rudy
Old 24th November 2011, 08:33 PM   #542
diyAudio Member

Default These 2.2 ohms resistors will face less than one miliwatt of power

I have decided resistors to be 1/2 watt as standard..some of them are very big to the real needs.

Do not exagerate guys...use the ones will look good, and in this case, the power is not something to worry about.

These are stop resistors, to avoid oscilations only..to work together the base to emitter capacitance....in that position we have a very small ammount of power folks.... even a micro SMD resistor will fit... use the one will look good filling the space we have... respecting clearance and aesthetics.

As i have made comments in a video... there are holes in this board that does not fit the resistor standard size related the lead diameter... the 1N4007 is one of them.

regards,

Carlos
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Less than one miliwatt.jpg (297.0 KB, 314 views)

Last edited by destroyer X; 24th November 2011 at 08:35 PM.
Old 24th November 2011, 09:47 PM   #543
diyAudio Member

Send a message via Yahoo to vargasmongo3435
Uncle Charlie is right, no need to be 1 watt resistor the one I have are 0.5 watts (half watt), also as uncle Charlie said the 0.47 emitter resistors I use 3 watts instead of 5 watts I been playing music for a while and those don't even get warm at all, my dear friends read the tips from uncle Charlie he got the answers.

regards
vargasmongo3435
Old 24th November 2011, 10:33 PM   #544
diyAudio Member

Bimmer, the size of the resistor does not necessarilly dictates its wattage. The 2R2 resistors you see on the picture below are 1Watt. They're Vishay PR01000102208JR500

The 15R 3Watts I installed is rather big... a Xicon 283-15-RC.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_8510.jpg (272.5 KB, 299 views)
Old 24th November 2011, 11:34 PM   #545
diyAudio Member

Default These resistors, the power emitter resistors are looking good

Very nice.... also your digital camera is fine.

regards,

Carlos
Old 24th November 2011, 11:38 PM   #546
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by destroyer X View Post
also your digital camera is fine.

Carlos
I'm an amateur photographer, I shoot with a DSLR. Canonnica is the mixup of Canon (brand) and Metallica (band)
Old 24th November 2011, 11:52 PM   #547
diyAudio Member

Default Nice.... Canon are excellent cameras...i do think they are the best ones

available...congratulations.... picture quality is awesome.

You may call you amateur photographer...i do think i am the amateur...you are a pro.

Juan made a new interesting test... sadly his camera does not register bass tones.... because it is not a Canon camera;

Dx Blame MKIII and Bass I love you test - YouTube

I have posted comments down the video screen.

Canon camera is alike Dr. Self amplifiers...unbeatable!... others may try to match or to overcome... no way for them.... they will be beated easy.

I do not want to be respected as a designer...i want to be respected as a builder, a skilled builder that have discovered the best audio amplifier.... i do think that even Dr. Self does not know that...he still make more complicated designs..i have tested some of his new designs.... cannot beat this one.... no way.

I am not trying new amplifier anymore.... i already have found the maximum possible quality...i will try a new amplifier if Dr. Self, in person, challenge me to try one of his new designs.

I have one old Canon A310.... but i had several other models...total of 5 models... i had some Sony cameras too, some Kodak.... but no way... Canon beat them easy.... very easy.

regards,

Carlos
Attached Images
File Type: jpg This one is excellent!.jpg (287.9 KB, 268 views)

Last edited by destroyer X; 24th November 2011 at 11:57 PM.
Old 25th November 2011, 03:02 AM   #548
diyAudio Member

Thanks Carlos for the kind words on my pictures Because I don't do photographs for living, i'm not a pro... I'm just an amateur. For your entertainment, you can compare the different photographer levels >> HERE <<

You can see some of my shots >> THERE <<

... back to the main subject, I just finished wiring all the AC portion, the standby circuit (except overheat switches), the softstart and speaker protection.
Next steps are to assemble the chassis, then wire the DC, line input and speaker output ... then, silence no more; enter tinnitus hahaha (well, it can only worsen that, D'OH!).

Pics below
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_8973.jpg (336.9 KB, 253 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_8976.jpg (357.2 KB, 248 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_8979.jpg (340.4 KB, 137 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_8980.jpg (294.5 KB, 127 views)
Old 25th November 2011, 03:38 AM   #549
a.wayne is offline a.wayne  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by canonnica View Post
Thanks Carlos for the kind words on my pictures Because I don't do photographs for living, i'm not a pro... I'm just an amateur. For your entertainment, you can compare the different photographer levels >> HERE <<

You can see some of my shots >> THERE <<

... back to the main subject, I just finished wiring all the AC portion, the standby circuit (except overheat switches), the softstart and speaker protection.
Next steps are to assemble the chassis, then wire the DC, line input and speaker output ... then, silence no more; enter tinnitus hahaha (well, it can only worsen that, D'OH!).

Pics below
Hello Cannonica, which soft start did you decide on ...? OK , i see, what's the small tranny powering ?

Last edited by a.wayne; 25th November 2011 at 03:40 AM.
Old 25th November 2011, 04:02 AM   #550
a.wayne is offline a.wayne  United States
diyAudio Member

I like this video uncle charlie ...

Dx Blame MKIII test using 550VA power supply - YouTube

Hide this!Advertise here!