Dx Blame MKIII-Hx - Builder's thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just my 2 cents:
I've been listening to my DX Blame for a while now. I'm very impressed with the sound. It is very detailed and no audible noise. I wish I had the knowledge & equipment to measure things like distortion & noise and max power before clipping. I'll just have to be content knowing that I love the sound.

I, too, have decided to buy a speaker protection circuit. I get a pretty big thump at turn-on, and a loud "ZIP" noise after turn-off when the PS caps finally discharge. I'm going with Elliott Sound Products again. I've built a few of his kits and have become loyal customer.

I meant to post a final parts list for my build, but I replaced many parts, and had other projects going on at the same time. I can't figure out, from the invoices, which parts ended up in the final version! And it's just too much work to take it apart to inspect the boards again.
I'm going to unsubscribe from this thread, as I'm off to other projects. Feel free to send a PM if anyone has any questions for me.

-Byron

I just adjusted the bias. Now showing the voltage at Resister R29 470 oh one side to another side 3ml volt. still having same problem. Zobel properly connected.

I used 25vdc.

My transformer 25v 5amp and another is 60VDC 10amp.

abc-1.jpg

Last edited:
I just adjusted the bias. Now showing the voltage at Resister R29 470 oh one side to another side 3ml volt. still having same problem. Zobel properly connected.

I used 25vdc.

My transformer 25v 5amp and another is 60VDC 10amp.

Hi space2000,

As I understand it, you are using a 25-0-25V supply. Did you install 100 ohm resistors in place of both supply fuses before making this measurement?

According to the circuit you provided, you need to measure the voltage across R39 not R29. R39 is 470 milliohms (0.47 ohms). Maybe it was just a typo ;). You should find a similar voltage exists across R44.

If in doubt, you could follow the procedure in post #200 of this thread to set up the bias, before further diagnosis.

Regards,
currentflow

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.