Dx Blame MKIII-Hx - Builder's thread - Page 45 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Solid State

Solid State Talk all about solid state amplification.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 16th November 2011, 07:58 PM   #441
diyAudio Member

Default You are welcome

Enjoy your amplifier.

regards,

Carlos
Old 16th November 2011, 08:23 PM   #442
diyAudio Member

Default I was thinking about you Juan .... you can use the wire you have

the enameled wire you find.... 1 millimeter of bigger diameter ... you can have this wire from a dismantled power transformer... also you can buy in shops... at least in my country we can buy these reels with wire in all diameter..we buy by weight.

Also you can use plastic insulated wires from telephone line .... also you can use ADSL dismantled cables... these ones are low resistance...this is what matters..to keep the resistance at 1 ohm or even lower than that...the bigger the diameter the smaller will be your resistance.

Reel internal diameter can be 20 to 40 milimeters, i have used 30 milimeters reel from a medicine adhesive white tape... a cloth with adhesive, white colour, used in wounds.

The coil does not need to be pretty, as you have not the winding machine to help you...put the turns you want trying to reach 250 turns.... this will be in series with your woofer, and will be good to a 6 to 8 ohms woofer.... at the woofer terminals use something around 100uf/100 volts...or two 220 volts capacitor with 50 volts insulation...you will love the result as this will filter the mids you have in your woofer... only nice bass will be reproduce there....then you pick the audio from the power amplifier terminal, using other pair of wires and in series with the positive install a 22uf bipolar or build a bipolar yourself, installing two 47uf capacitors back to back...connect negatives together and use the two positive sides to connection...this will be in series with the positive (live) audio wire....then mids and highs will go to your tiny speaker that has two drivers (the movie you made).

If you want to perceive more your bass, then install resistors in series with your mid/high speaker...you can try low resistance in series or install a 50 ohms potentiometer or 100 ohms potentiometer... of course in series in order to attenuate mids and highs at same time....then the bass will be more present to your ears.

You should use a speaker enclosure..speaker this way is not good.... you gonna have phase cancellation because the speaker is not assembled into a cabinet (enclosure or box). ... the way you are using you will have almost no bass compared to this same speaker attached to an enclosure.... have not?...use a card box...or a front panel (dipole) and put the front panel in the corner or your room.

Cardbox must be glued not to vibrate too much...it will of course vibrate..but layer of material cannot be clapping.

regards,

Carlos
Old 17th November 2011, 02:16 AM   #443
diyAudio Member

Send a message via Yahoo to vargasmongo3435
Talking coil next stuff to do...

I will my friend I just got get some materials for that purpose, wow! you just game a recipe for best tasty sound lol, you right I can not feel the bass with out the box is just drawing with to much air, needs to be inside a sealed or vented box, I like the idea of the coil to block mid tones, I use to play with that a long time ago, when I don't even know how they work but now that my mind is more open to ideas, so far this board sounded really good with out box, and no passive crossovers is just that sound is clear with all that, but hey, I gonna get it little by little, thank you again, I'm going to play some pc games, I got to rest my mind a bit, take care.

regards
vargasmongo3435
Old 17th November 2011, 04:37 AM   #444
evette is offline evette  Canada
diyAudio Member

Send a message via Yahoo to evette
Hello Mr.Carlos Sir, I,m sorry to bother you with this little problem, But about a year ago I send you 3 groups of Transistors. 2 of these groups you acknowledeged you,ve recieved the 3rd group you never said you recieved them. However I ran a trace on that package and it was in a customs office waiting to be picked up. So in my mind you were to busy to picked them up. Thats ok But I got this package back 1 week ago and I remember the package said something to the effect REFUSED,,I Believe I may have send them to the wrong address. Could you please send me your correct address again by my private email address. Thank You Evette
Old 17th November 2011, 01:53 PM   #445
diyAudio Member

Default Oh!... sorry dear Evette... strange this refused.

I am really needing 2N5551 and 2N5401 or any high voltage audio transistors... these small ones for small signal.

Thank you dear Evette...send them once again...i hope they will not charge you once again for that.

Carlos Eugênio Mergulhão
Rua Dona Balbina Menelau 56 - 1601
Candeias - Jaboatão dos Guararapes
Pernambuco - Brasil
South America
Zip code: 54440-615

It is a good idea to write outside the envelope to avoid customs to bother... reading that they will give their ok to delivery to my home.

"Gift for a friend, transistors for audio, not a business, value below 50 USD"

If shipment is heavy and clear above 50 USD (more than 10 power transistors) then put in more than one package..... if possible, as this increases mail cost.

I am feeling you strong here dear Jack...how are you doing?

I use my ex wife adress for mailing purposes, dear Jack, because there are more employees there to receive the postman...it is 300 meters distant from my place....it is near the beach and employees knows me very well as i have lived there for 15 years long.... since the building was constructed.

regards,

Carlos
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Brasil summer.jpg (480.0 KB, 310 views)
File Type: jpg Brasil summer 3.jpg (724.3 KB, 271 views)
File Type: jpg Wife home, postal adress.jpg (415.8 KB, 242 views)

Last edited by destroyer X; 17th November 2011 at 02:06 PM.
Old 17th November 2011, 02:09 PM   #446
diyAudio Member

Default I am glad you like Juan Vargas

Use air core to your coil, do not try transformers because the core may saturate, avoid ferrite core...air core is the best option.

The biggest the wire diameter the lower will be your resistance.... also the cost of that copper will increase, also size and weight and troubles to wind using your hands ...heheheheh.

Enjoy and be happy...these things are nice...produce good results, fast, in a simple way.

regards,

Carlos
Old 17th November 2011, 08:41 PM   #447
diyAudio Member

Send a message via Yahoo to vargasmongo3435
Default Music still nice!

Hey man music still lovely! no matter what I do is really hard to mess it up lol, I just change the transformer for the larges toroidal I have that supply more or less 54V good......... ok ok now I'm going to have some fun with a bunch of enameled wire hell yeah!..

regards
vargasmongo3435
Attached Images
File Type: jpg still good 01.jpg (93.5 KB, 197 views)
File Type: jpg still good 02.jpg (79.2 KB, 190 views)
File Type: jpg still good 03.jpg (89.5 KB, 90 views)
Old 17th November 2011, 11:11 PM   #448
diyAudio Member

Unhappy I can't fit all the parts in my chassis

I bought what I thought was a pretty large chassis but, as you can see from the photos, I doubt that I will be able to fit all the parts inside of it. The stuff sitting outside the chassis are the bridge rectifiers, the soft start, and two fans.

You can see from the photos that much of the space is taken up by the boards, and all that space above and below the boards is wasted. I'm considering bending the transistors and putting the board parallel to the heatsinks, but that would put the transistors at the very top of the heatsinks, which is not as efficient for heat dissipation as is putting them in the center of the heatsinks. Do people think that this will work?

-Byron
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DX Blame MKIII Hx assembly 001.JPG (297.0 KB, 158 views)
File Type: jpg DX Blame MKIII Hx assembly 002.JPG (202.1 KB, 151 views)
Old 17th November 2011, 11:24 PM   #449
diyAudio Member

Byron , rule of thumb is to put the heat (mosfets in this case ) 1/3 up from the bottom . in other words invert your thinking

cheers Woody
Old 18th November 2011, 12:12 AM   #450
diyAudio Member

Depending on your power needs, I would suggest you remove the external caps and replace the onboards ones with 10KuF and only use those. That's what I'm doing, no extra caps outside the boards.

Why the fans? your outside-directed main heat sinks are good without fans... But your CCS and VAS heatsinks are small, increase them and put the 47 ohms CCS resistor, still no needs for fan.

You should then be good.

Hide this!Advertise here!