Dx Blame MKIII-Hx - Builder's thread - Page 180 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Solid State

Solid State Talk all about solid state amplification.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 4th August 2013, 11:07 PM   #1791
evette is offline evette  Canada
diyAudio Member

Send a message via Yahoo to evette
Thank you kind Sir i knew their not fake transistors in your pcb..However youir getting alot rf in there..Evette
Old 5th August 2013, 01:18 AM   #1792
diyAudio Member

Attached are zoomed in view of a 1kHz square wave into 4R. The first snapshot is at full range (10 v/div, 40us/div). The second is zoomed into the top of the square wave and is 1v/div, 2us/div.

Is this indicative of RF noise/oscillations, or artifacts from my scope?
Attached Images
File Type: gif hantek129_3.gif (17.9 KB, 306 views)
File Type: gif hantek129_2.gif (16.8 KB, 303 views)
Old 5th August 2013, 03:07 AM   #1793
bonfis is offline bonfis  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by radioFlash View Post
Attached are zoomed in view of a 1kHz square wave into 4R. The first snapshot is at full range (10 v/div, 40us/div). The second is zoomed into the top of the square wave and is 1v/div, 2us/div.

Is this indicative of RF noise/oscillations, or artifacts from my scope?
What is your signal source? I have seen similar looking waveforms from sound card based generators. Do you have an analogue generator/oscillator?
Old 5th August 2013, 03:50 AM   #1794
a.wayne is offline a.wayne  United States
diyAudio Member

Are you using a PC scope ...?
Old 7th August 2013, 02:50 AM   #1795
diyAudio Member

My scope is a Hantek DSO5102B and my signal source is one of those cheap signal generators from eBay, model UDB1202S.
Old 8th August 2013, 01:02 AM   #1796
bonfis is offline bonfis  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by radioFlash View Post
My scope is a Hantek DSO5102B and my signal source is one of those cheap signal generators from eBay, model UDB1202S.
Hi radioFlash-
Your trace artifacts look very random to my eye not like oscillation more like noise. By comparison the screen shots in your post 1745 show a regular pattern on the sine wave peaks that looks very much like what I observed on my scope prior to changing the stoppers (see post 1241). My scope is an analog Tektronic and the signal source was an analog HP generator.
Old 11th August 2013, 02:39 PM   #1797
a.wayne is offline a.wayne  United States
diyAudio Member

Radioflash were you able to determine if your issue was noise...
Old 11th August 2013, 11:15 PM   #1798
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by a.wayne View Post
Radioflash were you able to determine if your issue was noise...
I believe it was just noise. When I switch the scope to average mode and zoom in, I don't see signs of oscillations.

Attached are traces of 1 khz square wave at full scale and zoomed in without averaging and with averaging turned on.

I've been playing music with with it and and am very happy with the performance.
Attached Images
File Type: gif hantek134_regFull.gif (25.7 KB, 172 views)
File Type: gif hantek134_avgFull.gif (18.7 KB, 166 views)
File Type: gif hantek134_regZoom.gif (23.7 KB, 162 views)
File Type: gif hantek134_avgZoom.gif (19.4 KB, 33 views)
Old 12th August 2013, 07:56 AM   #1799
Vostro is offline Vostro  South Africa
diyAudio Member

I bought a cheap digital scope, but had similar results to you,
I'm so glad I kept my crt scope, I still prefer my old scope for analogue measurements.
Old 12th August 2013, 10:17 AM   #1800
diyAudio Member

Default Run a wire from your ground and attach it into the heatsink

Watch the scope again.....maybe..... a good try.

In the reality.....we bother ourselves with small thngs that usually does not sound...... but this one sounds...it results harshing in the high end treble, this use to modify a little the timbre (what allow us to identify the instrument is playing)....some guys will love this effect, and they will not understand the stuff as a defect..they will understand as an effect.

Some guys spend hours trying to reproduce this stuff because the high end results..... people try to unstabilize...can you believe?...and we trying to stabilize....funny stuff.

So, if it is sounding good to you....do not bother yourself..let it be.... a hell with the scope and waveform...this thing must be good to you.

regards,

Carlos

Last edited by destroyer X; 12th August 2013 at 10:30 AM.

Hide this!Advertise here!