Dx Blame MKIII-Hx - Builder's thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cannonica - MP3/4 players, Ipods and so on, use to have lower audio output level, exception is if you use the line out output jack ... having low level in the input you will not reach full power, then you should reduce the gain resistor connected to the second differential transistor base .... the feedback one ... the one you have connected to the output line through a 47K resistor.... Sultans of Swing is also one of my main test songs.... thank you very much by your support, confidence in Dx amplifiers and also your enthusiasm.... pictures are nice..thank you, go ahead posting...more!

No problem on that side Carlos, I got a Cambridge Audio iPod dock that pumps the data stream and a modified Beresford external DAC with volume control as a "preamp". On my iPod, there's only lossless compressed stuff, "Replaygain" is however applied to the content for audio normalization. Direct iPod audio out is for testing purpose only.

Martin.

Godd idea solder mask ot top of the board!

Really good idea to have solder mask on top of the main power trainies, "sorry for my horrible English" but good, I just place top solder mask, that is more flexibility for builders hell yeah. :D

Attachments

• tranies solder mask top.jpg
    tranies solder mask top.jpg
    254.7 KB · Views: 485
Well done Juan, and additional holes for the screws to fix the board properly. at the moment in my build I put spacers at the bottom secured by rubber cement. See below for my suggested holes location.

Attachments

• Blame MkIII.jpg
    Blame MkIII.jpg
    246.9 KB · Views: 210
Last edited:
Support for the weight of the board

:superman: Super Junie Super! more ideas really nice, I hope meanman64 like it too,
I just place some holes in areas of the board where the weight has more effect.

:D keep coming ideas hell yeah! thanks Junie!

Attachments

• support for the weight.jpg
    support for the weight.jpg
    208.8 KB · Views: 202
Last edited:
.....Hmmm , I see you have innovative ideas, more layout, add holes where unnecessary ,and my layout it's a mess. Gentlemen, do it a project, like this from head to tail and not change ,what was done ,and I think once it was proved in practice, and proved to be good. This layout is fully functional, have shown more users on forum. It seems that you have to give my resignation from the company DX, to leave the place the young to show skill. My idea it was to design a single-sided PCB to be made ​​by many users. If you want another dual layer PCB, the story is different and change the problem, and costs will be higher, or does not matter? Sorry but I could not stay ,and not comment.:rolleyes:

Mister Alex MM

.....Hmmm , I see you have innovative ideas, more layout, add holes where unnecessary ,and my layout it's a mess. Gentlemen, do it a project, like this from head to tail and not change ,what was done ,and I think once it was proved in practice, and proved to be good. This layout is fully functional, have shown more users on forum. It seems that you have to give my resignation from the company DX, to leave the place the young to show skill. My idea it was to design a single-sided PCB to be made ​​by many users. If you want another dual layer PCB, the story is different and change the problem, and costs will be higher, or does not matter? Sorry but I could not stay ,and not comment.:rolleyes:

If you think like that then I will leave this forum and do something else, I love your MKIII layout and I don't want to change anything you are the expert not me, I just like electronics and this is the way to show you admiration not to replace you, is that is you decision then, I will leave this forum for ever then.

regards
vargasmongo3435

Alex you're right your design is fully working.I did try to make some changes regarding the layout and it's like you're saying make a new layout not change something that works.The start of all this was heating up those little trannies but the solution is to use a bigger heatsink there.Alex, for me you're still the best layout man

Your resignation from the Dx Corporation is not acceptable

These guys are not having the intention to make better than you... you are skilled, this is not possible...they are just trying to learn the subject.

Juan made that for fun in other amplifier and sent me his layouts..based in Todd Johnson layouts and also from others.... even knowing this is not needed and that i would not make his designs standard as he was learning only.

Even you, dear Alexandru, introduced yourself offering layouts to everybody, including myself...this was the way you developed yourself and people now a days respect your work.

You are the Dx Corporation main designer about layout, but not anymore exclusive because i have decided to test other styles of designs several monthes ago..and a video was published about this same subject...so...these guys are doing what i have asked for them to do.

Meanman also is helping...no one think is better than you...your layout from the MKIII Hx amplifier is the official and Standard, reason why these two group buys are using your layouts.

These friends of us have my support, the same way you had and still have...they deserve the same respect i use to give to you.

regards,

Carlos

Oh cmon Alex, you're still the best in terms of PCB layout making. Everytime you're making a layout all of us are impressed of your work but of course we have suggestions which you MIGHT CONSIDER OR DISREGARD. Regarding the holes i'm SUGGESTING, for me as a builder i will consider it to be there since the board is long and 2 screws each sides are not enough to secure the board properly. Once the board is in stand off secured by 4 screws try to press it in the middle and you can see the board is bending, the same way if you pull the wire from negative connector.
I already mentioned that in my build i glued a plastic spacers at the bottom to avoid short circuit if i accidentally put a pressure in the middle of the board i.e inserting or removing the negative wire. see below photo.
Spacer.jpg

I have purchased all Elna caps 100volt but now I need drilling larger holes, see pictures.
I ordered the components from Byrons parts list:
Dx Blame MHIII Hx_byrons parts list 2

I see on the board 63volt caps, but I need higher voltage 80 or 100volt caps!
470uF 63 volt
220uF 63volt
47uF 63volt

There is no problem, I see if I can order the 80 volt ones.
This is the first time I make an Amplifier from the start to solder the components, so it is my own fault.
I also measure all the resistors if I have the good value, before I solder everything.
The resistors and caps are not soldered yet now I can checked everything, if I need more :)

Regards,
Rudy
Edit: Pictures are from my Mobile phone

Attachments

• 2011-11-06 17.24.25.jpg
    2011-11-06 17.24.25.jpg
    263 KB · Views: 454
  • 2011-11-06 17.22.34.jpg
    2011-11-06 17.22.34.jpg
    257.9 KB · Views: 487
  • 2011-11-06 17.26.37.jpg
    2011-11-06 17.26.37.jpg
    173.5 KB · Views: 494
  • 2011-11-06 15.39.59.jpg
    2011-11-06 15.39.59.jpg
    247.1 KB · Views: 444
  • 2011-11-06 15.41.21.jpg
    2011-11-06 15.41.21.jpg
    266.5 KB · Views: 188
  • 2011-11-06 17.17.57.jpg
    2011-11-06 17.17.57.jpg
    276.2 KB · Views: 183
Last edited:
Is true like mister Carlos said

Dear mister Alex MM

I was making your design for my personal use, I did bought two boards from meanman64 group buy, I have the amplifier almost done, you don't think is no one like your work nobody is going to copy it, I'm not and expert I just learn the software a couple of weeks ago, and my inspiration was first Dx Blame MKII Supercharged, then after that I saw your ultimate creation I said to myself damn this look good!, so I thought that maybe I can created it for myself and I did, you know why because I trust your original idea and mister destroyer x schematics, I think you should be proud that people are follow your talent like me, come on! and from Puerto Rico, my English is terrible :D,
and also there is no way in hell that I can create a layout by myself is not that easy I already try, is to hard! man, also your right about the cost I understand you want to keep the cost lower and that is good you have that already figure out you are the engineer not me I'm just a follower student, so think about that there is one person from Puerto Rico following your steps and learning.

Regards
vargasmongo3455

Attachments

• my amplifier.jpg
    my amplifier.jpg
    138.4 KB · Views: 178
Status
Not open for further replies.