Dx Blame MKIII-Hx - Builder's thread - Page 168 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Solid State

Solid State Talk all about solid state amplification.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 19th January 2013, 04:08 AM   #1671
a.wayne is offline a.wayne  United States
Sin Bin

Why , is this a trick question.. No2 of course Watson .....

Is that notch distortion or an artifact ....

Last edited by a.wayne; 19th January 2013 at 04:12 AM.
Old 19th January 2013, 05:27 AM   #1672
diyAudio Member

Default Hahahahahahah!

Here you have a huge ahahahahah!

Milk Sheik from Alibaba is happy....he became rich of enjoyment, as hundreds have built this amplifier.... this is a kind of pleasure, fulfillment and realization money cannot buy or pay for it, the pleasure to see people having fun, enjoying.... this comes for free..the same way we give something to others for free, as a gift.

You see, even a trouble into the waveshape while distorting... a post death manifestation obtained during authopsy, is driving people happy.... you see Cannonica feeling good, wayne having fun, Vostro having joy....BWW, Evette, Bonfis having good time... Cannon inviting people to evaluate, searching for perfection...offering solutions and options.... imagine the time people goes watching home walls having anything interesting to do...feeling their lives hard, fruitless, useless compared to what we are feeling now..me and these folks.

For sure we have a life!

This make me laugh..... Dx amplifier are so good that even after death (operating outside the usefull power spectrum as very few guys will listen while this machine clipping)... even this way people find a way to have fun.

A parallel, or some analogy, may be to drive an engine at rpm higher than the limit, then evaluate the noises it does when breaking parts because lack of lubrication.... well.... there are all kind of pleasures in this life...some guys have enjoyment watching speakers blowing...internet has thousands of speakers being fried.

This amplifier popularity is increasing a lot... first was a damage in the image...now a days people is ordering dozens in Brasil.

I would like people to search bugs in the after death waveform from the ultimate amplifier..the Dx Super A....i do not have scope anymore...mine is broken (while trying to fix the smps i have fried the analogic circuit too) and i am waiting DSO to produce a better model to buy (the one they made is not that good)... so...maybe, because i have not inspected (only in the simulator) while distorting, we may have something in the waveform...some interesting artifact too.

I would like to say that i am sorry, but the Dx Super A sound even better than this one.

I forgot to say when publishing that:

- "Dx Corporation reserve the right to make modification in order to ugrade the unit"

Ahahahahahahah!

Have you listened my laugh Andy?

regards,

Carlos
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Milk Sheik.jpg (89.7 KB, 341 views)

Last edited by destroyer X; 19th January 2013 at 05:57 AM.
Old 19th January 2013, 06:20 AM   #1673
diyAudio Member

Default Zimmer, from South of Brasil, have ordered some pcboards

to provide his close friends...but so many guys asked then he ordered a new batch.

If you want, then go to him, he is authorized to produce and distribute... i do not know how much it is, i also do not want to know, not interested in that stuff..it is between you and the "german Zimmer"...i have instructed to them to make it cheap...but this depends on how many pcboards he have ordered...if hundreds, then price goes down...if a dozen sets alike Juan did..then pcboard price increases.... also i have instructed Zimmer to make contact with Alex mm, because of his layout.

imap.eletro@gmail.com

I personally do not put my hands on money, i have my job in the State Government and this is what makes me distant from the dirty money stuff, that corrupts and shows all the worst things from humans.

No one, have ever, received any package with pcboards from my hands.... having my adress as sender.

From these guys that produces pcboards i have received samples, not money...no profit...all advantage i had was to build my amplifiers having a set of pcboards for free.... one set...not several sets.

regards,

Carlos

Last edited by destroyer X; 19th January 2013 at 06:24 AM.
Old 19th January 2013, 09:50 AM   #1674
AndrewT is offline AndrewT  Scotland
diyAudio Member

Canon,
pics 2, measure3 and pic 3, measure4 are seriously wrong. There must not be oscillation on the waveform.
Old 19th January 2013, 12:17 PM   #1675
Vostro is offline Vostro  South Africa
diyAudio Member

For oscillation, you can try 22pF to 100pF, between bases of input pair,
This is common practice, I hope people don't disagree

See attached, ignore component numbers etc, its only to show where cap (C2) is.

Regards
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ring.jpg (152.0 KB, 261 views)

Last edited by Vostro; 19th January 2013 at 12:22 PM.
Old 19th January 2013, 12:18 PM   #1676
diyAudio Member

Default 22pf in series with a resistance Vostro

This results much better.

But watch harmonics... the result with and without this capacitor..then decide.

I am all time long in the workbench doing things, trying things...so, all these things were tried, several times... and in many amplifiers...the reason why i know something about audio is have practice..i use to go listening and simulating to know what represents the modification i did... also i check into the simulator, to see what represents my ear's evaluation.

Audio is something human perceive... this has no connection with numbers..sometimes we have bad results in the simulator and nice results in listening tests.... we must evaluate listening..not watching screen or datasheed or calculation results...this serves for communication with others, because feelings, sensations, is almost impossible to communicate...reason why we use numbers...as a tool, not a dictator...just a tool.

I use always a reference... a non tweaked channel, same speaker, same audio source, same power, naturally flat and equal..because we have an enemie.

Our enemie is ourselves.... the hell thing is "i think so"...another enemie is "I believe that...."... there are other enemies connected to rules, uses and tradition.... i use to learn doing... making comparison with a non tweaked channel.

Many times i had belief.... i was sure the modification would be better....then i feel, i heard it better, i believe it was better...was a matter of faith..all that vanish when i compare with the non tweaked channel..i was wrong... several times wrong...much more than 50 percent of the tries i was wrong...i do think we have troubles to evaluate things...it is our SELF (psychological SELF)

In Brazil we have almost 150 million computers,,, each one of them have a voltage regulator before the computer power supply...have some filters, have a fuse, have an autotransformer with several taps, have relay and an integrated circuit that senses voltage variations and switches autotransformer taps.... this is plus 5 percent, plus 10 percent and plus 15 percent..also minus 5, 10 and 15.... but the SMPS we use to feed mother board has much more voltage regulation, much more capacity than the hell thing....but "belief"....."i think so" have made this with the population..now a days no one has courage to connect a computer direct to the mains.

Our mains is stable in voltage and frequency....we have not more than 8 percent plus and minus variations..and frequency variates 0.3 percent only.

Man.... i am sure i know 10 times more than the average forum guys..... because i know that " I do not know...i am sure i do not know... i do mistakes..i do evaluate wrong"...others do believe they have the knowledge..but they do not know this i have learned.

The real knowlege comes from the real world practice...hold the soldering iron and do the changes you believe..and then you gonna know a lot.

This" lifeless" capacitor will show you something we usually do not know.... test it..check it..but compare!.do not believe in your beliefs.... calculating it is great, simulating it is nice...go and check in the real world.

Picture shows 150 millions of faith and belief...people sometimes use those one that have wheels.... goes into the floor, nearby the mains outlet...in the back we have 6 AC female plugs... a sophisticated unusefull AC extension.

Stee does not give a "tip" to tradition, rules, uses and these things...he does his thing and do not care what people think about...he listened and he felt great...and this finished!.....go to him..there you have the real knowledge.

regards,

Carlos
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 7524447GG.jpg (48.8 KB, 255 views)
File Type: png ATHENA AMPLIFIER.PNG (107.2 KB, 252 views)

Last edited by destroyer X; 19th January 2013 at 12:47 PM.
Old 19th January 2013, 01:23 PM   #1677
diyAudio Member

I don't think I'm gonna push my researches farther. I'm really satisfied with what I got. The VAS transistor is gonna be the 2SC1819, but for all the other ones, I'm gonna put back the originals, as designed by Dx.

I'm gonne leava the NTE177 as the baker clamp, for the "rev limiter" not to stick when lifting the throttle, hahahha...

My amp is on the bench since 2 weeks now and I miss it in my listening room.

I put the 2SC1819 for the VAS only because it will give better theorical results, having the lowest Cob of all the NPN I got with that pinout.

Yes, the initial design is THAT good

Martin.
Old 19th January 2013, 02:02 PM   #1678
Sin Bin

Martin,

Can you measure with your scope your PSU NOISE when driving the amp as you did before , also is that a scope artifact in the pictures or is that xover distortion ..?
Old 20th January 2013, 09:59 PM   #1679
Sin Bin

What about lowering the source resistors value ...?
Old 21st January 2013, 07:02 PM   #1680
bonfis is offline bonfis  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewT View Post
Canon,
pics 2, measure3 and pic 3, measure4 are seriously wrong. There must not be oscillation on the waveform.
Canonica's results 3 and 4 are very reminiscent of what I had prior to adding the stopper resistor to the drivers i.e. parasitics on the positive peaks. I also notice the dent is now absent from the down going segment of the positive peak. Did that coincide with adding the new VAS? My dent was eliminated by disconnecting the boot strap.

Steve

Hide this!Advertise here!