Dx Blame MKIII-Hx - Builder's thread - Page 163 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Solid State

Solid State Talk all about solid state amplification.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 31st December 2012, 01:45 AM   #1621
evette is offline evette  Canada
diyAudio Member

Send a message via Yahoo to evette
Mr. Wanye I,m sorry but my budjecty doesn,t allow me to drink eggnog. I get BOMDED on one drink only LOL
Old 31st December 2012, 01:48 AM   #1622
diyAudio Member

Sorry Fella,s I always like to mix cricuit up,,I could really use a glass of johnnie walker GREEN. LOl
Old 31st December 2012, 09:30 AM   #1623
diyAudio Member

Default With the bottle or without it you are very welcome

You have an entire 1000 square meters appartment inside my heart... do not need to pay for use it... you just cannot leave it.

Happy new year Evette...you are never off topic to me.

regards,

Carlos
Old 31st December 2012, 01:36 PM   #1624
diyAudio Member

I just ordered some 2SA968B & 2SC2238B from Littlediode (UK). I don't know what to expect as if they're genuine, but I'll give them a try.

These will take the spots held by MJE15030&31 at the CCS, VAS & driver positions.

Mart.
Old 31st December 2012, 02:36 PM   #1625
diyAudio Member

Default I have used these ones you said...they sound good

But i found them fragille...i had some of them burned...well.... read my name, Destroyer x means extra Destroyer....this is what i use to make, to burn parts.

2SC4793 and counterpart are better... see the capacitance and compare.... this one 20pf and 2SC2238 is 25pf.... watch the maximum frequency..the same...watch power...the same... 4793 does not need insulators..also the number is higher, means it is more modern.

I understand that more modern does not mean better.... about BD139/140, the higher numbers, the most modern ones are worse...it can happens with these units we are discussing too..but i have listened both...and for sure 2SC4793 sounds better...matches better to the amplifier voltage..i have tried one into high voltage unit...was an old model.... Troyan i think.

Already ordered?.. then good luck to you...i suggest you to order the 2SC4793 and complementary too.

regards,

Carlos

Last edited by destroyer X; 31st December 2012 at 02:46 PM.
Old 31st December 2012, 03:24 PM   #1626
diyAudio Member

Carlos, I've imported SPICE models for them as well and they don't give any better result than the MJE1503x. The fT for the pair you suggest are not well matched, 100MHz vs 70MHz, so I'm not sure they will be good drivers.

The best pairs I've found so far are Toshibas 2SA968B & 2SC2238B and Sanyos 2SA1011 & 2SC2344.

I should get my old Toshibas within a few weeks, I'll post observations when I install them

Last edited by canonnica; 31st December 2012 at 03:44 PM.
Old 31st December 2012, 04:25 PM   #1627
a.wayne is offline a.wayne  United States
diyAudio Member

What are you trying to improve with the change , sonics, stability , drive, bandwidth ?

What if we use the outputs instead ...?
Old 31st December 2012, 05:58 PM   #1628
diyAudio Member

Default Cannonica... we cannot listen 70 Megahertz

What will happens there is not something to worry about, unless this appear into the capacitance in between transistor leads.

This mismatch will appear into harmonics that will produce interference into VHF radio band.... will not bother humans.

regards,

Carlos
Old 31st December 2012, 09:06 PM   #1629
diyAudio Member

Mr. Carlos Who said we are all human,,just ask my wife. LOL Evette
Old 1st January 2013, 03:39 PM   #1630
diyAudio Member

Default I am not from this planet too...the good thing is that we are safe

Because no one believe.

Ahahahahahah!

regards,

Carlos
Attached Images
File Type: jpg happy New Year.jpg (693.5 KB, 187 views)

Hide this!Advertise here!