Dx Blame MKIII-Hx - Builder's thread - Page 145 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Solid State

Solid State Talk all about solid state amplification.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 30th November 2012, 06:57 PM   #1441
a.wayne is offline a.wayne  United States
diyAudio Member

Any comments on Andrew's suggestion ...?
Old 30th November 2012, 09:01 PM   #1442
diyAudio Member

Default A. Wayne, as you already know, i do not read Andrew T

messages, he is in my ignore list.

Carlos
Old 30th November 2012, 09:39 PM   #1443
diyAudio Member

Send a message via Yahoo to vargasmongo3435
Me too I have him too, why? he know he's stuff but it is to high level for me, instead of help he is just too complicated, things like electronics advance explanations that I don't understand not because my English as a second language, I do understand pretty well "plain English" if he do that to just troll on the forum please just change your mind and help, I haven't see any project from him? do you have a PCB board made an audio amplifier schematic, or a power supply, or you just like to troll?
Old 30th November 2012, 11:16 PM   #1444
diyAudio Member

His last reply was instructive indeed. You consider him trolling; I then consider you're feeding him...
Old 1st December 2012, 05:21 AM   #1445
diyAudio Member

Default I would like you to explain that Cannonica

If he is feeding him i am too, and i do not want to be feeding people that i feel not positive.

Can you please explain.....maybe here is not the place to do that, but i feel very bothered with some guys we have in this forum and i would like to understand what you mean.

Please write to me and explain this "feeding him" please:

Do the best you can, please, Cannonica, and take into your account that i was 6 years into the College studying Psychology, so, i have some understanding about people...not total, because what happens to ourself does not allow us to make a good analisis, say, precise analisis..someone outside the "game" can evaluate a little bit better.

nanabrother@hotmail.com
carlos.eugenio1951@yahoo.com

Me and Juan will feel happy to know how we feed these small group of guys...as we do not want to do that.

I do think you are wrong...but there's always a possible mistake as i can be wrong instead of you..so..i can be making mistakes.... where there's no light we cannot feed light... a logical impossibility...it is alike a father that has a bad educated son... that father cannot educate his son because he is not educated..so... this is not logic.... people cannot give what they do not have..how offer something you have not?... if there's no ligth how to give clarity?... i cannot feed darkness as i have not a dark or evil mind and soul....i cannot give darkness or feed this stuff as i have not this in my heart and sould to give.

Well...go to my email if you really want to help

regards,

Carlos

Last edited by destroyer X; 1st December 2012 at 05:28 AM.
Old 1st December 2012, 06:39 PM   #1446
diyAudio Member

Because the miller compensation circuit includes two transistors, is there a risk of increased local instability?
Would it be beneficial to include a second capacitor as a feed-forward path which would bypass the emitter-follower at high-frequencies??

See pic.
Attached Images
File Type: png Suggestion compensation.png (24.5 KB, 166 views)
Old 1st December 2012, 07:10 PM   #1447
Vostro is offline Vostro  South Africa
diyAudio Member

Miller compensation over the main gain stage, in this case enclosing 2 transistors is usually sufficient, Im not sure if adding a capacitor over b/e junction therefore increasing effective input capacitance would offer more pros than cons
Maybe adding a even smaller capacitor to form lag compensation, would be more beneficial

Last edited by Vostro; 1st December 2012 at 07:16 PM.
Old 2nd December 2012, 08:21 AM   #1448
diyAudio Member

Default I have tried almost all options into this VAS

all kind of modifications were done.... and all them while listening.... doing comparison with another channel non modified (did it at the Blame ST)... and i found this one we are using the best option.. i am sure i have tried almost all possibilities...also current was changed up and down...also zener used, more resistors, less capacitors and more capacitors, higher values and lower values...other transistors, other kind of coupling.

Well....this is my expertise..to tweak the stuff.... the circuit is the final work...the best i could do it.

I have made a new schematic posted...it looks better into simulator, it looks different..but i doubt some people may perceive differences...only more "tuned" guys will notice, because the result i call as fat tone and thin tone....you can notice when there are harmonics that makes tones "fat"... the timbre goes strange.... applauses looks rain drops in metal ceiling.... air bubbles bowing when the ocean waves breaks and touches the sand sounds strange alike the sound of frying eggs...well.... it is not that easy to notice small changes in harmonic distribution.

I do think less than 50 percent of our people will notice these details...modern music are so loud, so compressed, so distorted that details my be hidden in the background..... but if you can perceive a stradivarius violine is playing ...then you gonna get it.

I would like you guys to try your ideas...put them into work..solder the parts you believe may make a difference and bring the result for us...this will help me a lot....do not forget to keep one channel standard to compare..and install separate volume knobs to adjust both channels at same power level....make your input mono installing a capacitor joining both channels together and bring to us your thoughs...do not go imagining....do it!

"tuned" means to me what some guys call "golden ears"....yes...these guys exist....there are folks that are more focused, they set their attention into details...these folks never knows what the singer is singing...they cannot even repeat words from the song...but they know each tone... they perceive saturation, distortion, harmonics , deepness, focus, clarity and realism...when others cannot do that, because they have not trained themselves to listen in a such way some few guys can.

If you work into a television broadcasting station you learn to observe these details..you never watch a program, or a movie in the same way others do...you are watching video levels, chrome level and chrome phase, image stability, black level and image transitions...audio level and audio equalization..... if someone ask the guy about what movie was playing he cannot say....but he can say it was darn redish.... the audio was too much compressed and there's some lack of bass.

regards,

Carlos

Last edited by destroyer X; 2nd December 2012 at 08:26 AM.
Old 2nd December 2012, 10:29 AM   #1449
BMW850 is offline BMW850  Netherlands
diyAudio Member

Hi Carlos,

I understand good, that you listened to the original mono channel amplifier, and to tweak the other mono channel amplifier?
I think you "should" always go listen to a stereo amplifier, to realy assess the differences in the amplifiers better.
Then you get an overall picture what the differences are.
My 2 cents.

I not attack your listening skills, understand me good

Regards,
Rudy
Old 2nd December 2012, 01:00 PM   #1450
diyAudio Member

I'm still working in the simulator and I should admit that there's very little to tweak more. I have generated tons of fourrier and distortion analysis. That amp is tweaked to the bones. The only component alteration that improves things is to put the 56R driver base resistor instead of the actual 22R. This improves significanty the distortion level and the "simulated" stability, in particular in a low-bias setting. With the 22R (and low-bias) the simulator shows ringing in the positive side of the sinus wave. The 56R resistor completely erradicates this ringing and completely confirms Bonfis real-life experiment.
Going beyond 56R shows a slight degradation of the THD performance, in simulator 56R is the ideal value.
Of course biasing to have 27mV at each output resistor also get rid of the ringing and clearly improve the distortion.
I'm almost complete convincing me that the only modification I need to do is replacing "that" resistor.
That's a great amp Carlos

Last edited by canonnica; 2nd December 2012 at 01:05 PM.

Hide this!Advertise here!