Dx Blame MKIII-Hx - Builder's thread - Page 13 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Solid State

Solid State Talk all about solid state amplification.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 20th September 2011, 09:40 PM   #121
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by a.wayne View Post
Input cap 1 uf or 2 uf ?, c15/16 on the board is the correct value..?
Input cap - good question. I didn't notice that one. Carlos wrote the schematic, and Alex made the silkscreen, so I would go with the schematic. But maybe wait for Carlos to weigh in. Same with C15

C16 - These are really supplemental power supply filter caps, so there is no right value. If your power supply is smooth enough, you can even skip these.

-Byron
Old 21st September 2011, 12:14 AM   #122
diyAudio Member

Byron, I made my own list. So it's easy for me to spot mistakes by comparing mine and yours (2 persons rarely makes mistakes at the same place )
I think you got the C06 wrong, on the schematic it shows as a 100uF (not 47uF)
For T5, you selected MJL15032 along with a value for R21 of 680R although the stated components are MJL15030 and R21=1.2K Maybe you want to double-check this.
For R26's you selected a rating of 3W, the point has been debated in another post showing that the way to go is 5W.
As mentionned by a.wayne, the latest thing we want is to smoke our project!

Question: enamelled copper wire costs a lot, would it be possible to use some already-made toroid inductors like the Bournes 2100HT-2R2-RC instead? They only cost a few bucks each...

Martin.

Last edited by canonnica; 21st September 2011 at 12:36 AM.
Old 21st September 2011, 05:40 PM   #123
diyAudio Member

Default Thank you Maritn!

One of my hopes, when posting this, was that people would go through it and find mistakes and make suggestions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by canonnica View Post
I think you got the C06 wrong, on the schematic it shows as a 100uF (not 47uF).
Yep, my mistake.
Quote:
For T5, you selected MJL15032 along with a value for R21 of 680R although the stated components are MJL15030 and R21=1.2K.
Yes. I went with what was on the silkscreen, which I now see is inconsistent with the schematic. I see the only difference between MJE15030 and MJE15032 is that MJE15032 is rated for 250V, while MJE15030 is rated for 150V. MJE15032 is already soldered in to place, so I'll leave it, but I think I'll change R21.
Quote:
For R26's you selected a rating of 3W, the point has been debated in another post showing that the way to go is 5W.
I had forgotten about that post. Thanks.
Quote:
Question: enamelled copper wire costs a lot, would it be possible to use some already-made toroid inductors like the Bournes 2100HT-2R2-RC instead? They only cost a few bucks each...
I don't see why not if you can make it fit. Or you could salvage some wire from any speaker X-overs you have lying around.
Old 21st September 2011, 06:59 PM   #124
diyAudio Member

Junie has posted (then retired?) a very interresting thing... T5 connection is wrong if MJE15030-MJE15032 (BCE) is selected... BD139 (ECB) has the correct pinout.

If so, R21 should be of 2.7K

Watch-out!
Old 21st September 2011, 07:15 PM   #125
a.wayne is offline a.wayne  United States
Sin Bin

This is getting very confusing for me, could we please get this all rectified by having the Corrected values and parts necessary for construction , noted by doing an revised BOM/Schematics....?
Old 21st September 2011, 07:40 PM   #126
BMW850 is offline BMW850  Netherlands
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by a.wayne View Post
This is getting very confusing for me, could we please get this all rectified by having the Corrected values and parts necessary for construction , noted by doing an revised BOM/Schematics....?
I agree with that,

I think everyone wants to build a good amplifier, and let's not go cut down on the components.
What brand resistors and capacitors are good for this amplifier?
I suppose the 10000uF is very important.

Please make a good BOM list for this amplifier.

Regards,
Rudy
Old 22nd September 2011, 12:20 AM   #127
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Junie has posted (then retired?) a very interresting thing... T5 connection is wrong if MJE15030-MJE15032 (BCE) is selected... BD139 (ECB) has the correct pinout.

If so, R21 should be of 2.7K

Watch-out!
Forget that, I was wrong. The trimpot and R21 are swapped on the PCB and will have no incidence on the bias adjustment. The pinout is correct for the MJE15032.

BD139 will not be adequate.

My bad.
Old 22nd September 2011, 02:53 PM   #128
Junie is offline Junie  Philippines
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Forget that, I was wrong. The trimpot and R21 are swapped on the PCB and will have no incidence on the bias adjustment. The pinout is correct for the MJE15032.

BD139 will not be adequate.

My bad.
Hi Martin, i figured that out too so i deleted my post to avoid confusion.
Old 22nd September 2011, 05:13 PM   #129
diyAudio Member

Is it required to have an official part list anyway? Some parts will be substituted by others depending on availability around the globe. As an amplifier plan suggested by a hobbyist to other hobbyists, part of the hobby is building our own BOM. Don't we say that "the fun of traveling is not the destination but the trip itself"?

For anyone interrested, here's my own BOM. It's my own variant; amp will be dual-mono, 45+45VAC/300VA each side, 3 output pairs. Confirmed by the father of this project: it will still sound good
Attached Files
File Type: pdf 2011-09-22_Hx_CanonnicaBOM.pdf (48.4 KB, 265 views)
Old 22nd September 2011, 05:26 PM   #130
diyAudio Member

Default I would not wait for a BOM

The only person qualified to make a really definitive/authoritative BOM is the designer, Carlos. I could be wrong, but I don't think he's interested in putting together such a list. The schematic and all of Carlos' U-tube videos should suffice.

I think we are currently proceeding the best way possible - by posting our own parts lists and commenting on them, like the errors Martin found.

Has anyone completed and tested a board yet?

If anyone has, it would be great if they posted what parts they used. I just got what I think is the last of the parts I need and I'll be busy soldering away. One power supply is built and tested, so hopefully, I'll soon have a functional amplifier to validate the parts list I posted.

Hide this!Advertise here!