PGA2310 output buffer?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
re: digital volume controls without internal buffers?

I think the DS1808 has no internal buffer either.
I was expecting more folks would play with this device and try different output buffering arrangements.

Even Hugh mentioned (possibly) playing around with this one

mlloyd1

Freddie said:

Well.. One alternative is to forget about the PGA2310 and get an LM1972 instead. The LM1972 have no internal opamp, and should have a buffer at the output. Or run the PGA2310 without external buffer.
/Freddie

The problem with those digital pots is that there internal switches are not arranged in virtuel ground mode.....

The WM8816 , CS3310 and the PGA series are the best performers....

By the way Hugh have choosen a ordinary Potentiometer of high quality with a motor... based on listening test...

The datasheet is not available on the WM8816 on their sever... I think i have it somewhere... If anyone needs it i will see if i can find the PDF-file.

Freddie said:
analog_sa,

Well, I usually think that it sounds better when I use separate powersupplies for each channel. And I have already built two powersupplies (designed by peranders). See the attached picture, the two powersupplies are on the left side of the picture.

HI Freddie

How was the power supplies wired?

How was the PIC connected and powered? Which supply was it attached to?

How was the grounds wired?

thanks

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.