Hx-Home Edition and Hx Mini Edition will be released December, 24th

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Uncle charlie gift to all of you.

Board layout design will be different.... two new layout designers will be responsable to produce layout, gerbers and images to be posted.

Alex mm continue to be the Corporation's main and traditional layout designer but we gonna give him a break...working too much that good man.

So, we gonna have lower power versions.. cheaper versions assembled and tested to all of you.... of course layout to etch at your home will be provided.

Hx - Home Edition will operate from 35 to 42 volts.... will produce 50/100 watts RMS at 8 and 4 ohms.

Hx - Mini Edition will operate from 10 to 24 volts.. will produce 25/50 watts rms aprox.

I am also working in the Dx Drawer speaker...it will be posted in full range very soon.

regards,

Carlos

Attachments

• Home Edition, mine own boards.jpg
    Home Edition, mine own boards.jpg
    221.3 KB · Views: 1,121
  • New board layout.jpg
    New board layout.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 1,058
I was searching my computer and i could find schematic only

They're not in my simulator too... lost files

Because of some HD troubles i had in my previous PC, some files where lost for ever.

I hope Joel is tracking our forum now a days.... he may have something already prepared.

Merry Christmas to all of you, Christian and non Christian.... this is a globalized family celebration.

regards,

Carlos

Attachments

• pdf Hx - Mini Edition - July 28th.pdf
    98.6 KB · Views: 454
  • pdf Hx - Home Edition Jully 28th.pdf
    99 KB · Views: 516
Last edited:

Attachments

• Copper tracks to MKIII-Hx home... upper view, board is transparent.jpg
    Copper tracks to MKIII-Hx home... upper view, board is transparent.jpg
    735 KB · Views: 801
  • Parts mounted over the board that is transparent, we see tracks bellow.jpg
    Parts mounted over the board that is transparent, we see tracks bellow.jpg
    776.5 KB · Views: 291
  • MKIII Hx Home Edition.jpg
    MKIII Hx Home Edition.jpg
    635.5 KB · Views: 295
.........Hi all , not so hard to me, few hours and voila :D :hohoho:
Regards Alex.

Attachments

• Sprint-Layout 5.0 - [C__Program Files_Layout50_AMPL HX HOME EDITION.LAY].pdf
    132.4 KB · Views: 296
  • hx pcb photo.jpg
    hx pcb photo.jpg
    297.9 KB · Views: 391
  • hx pcb.jpg
    hx pcb.jpg
    373.7 KB · Views: 427
Last edited:
Hehehehe....very fast Alexandru!

Thank you very much.:):):)... perfect boards!

A picture from my place and some pictures from my Home Edition.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Attachments

• Home Edition 12.jpg
    Home Edition 12.jpg
    570.8 KB · Views: 196
  • Home Edition 13.jpg
    Home Edition 13.jpg
    755.9 KB · Views: 190
  • Home Edition 14.jpg
    Home Edition 14.jpg
    855.2 KB · Views: 152
Last edited:
So, it is the same MKIII Hx made in small power version

Economic version, to save your money, to use the power transformer you have, to update and upgrade a former amplifier.... adjusted to use smaller voltage, using a single pair in the output or using two pairs...this completes the line of MKIII Hx.

The MKIII Hx, the high power unit, can operate with several different voltages from 4.5 plus 4.5 volts till 70 plus 70 volts without modifications...but.... have to use the long and big board offered.... several transistors...if you do not install them the board looks that something was missed there...ugly solution.... then i have made a smaller version and asked folks to offer pcboard layout, Alex mm did it for us...now you have another option that was adjusted (currents) to work with lower voltage and can use my prefered transistors (BD139/140) as drivers and VAS.

These transistors operates fine from 20 to 40 volts supplies...it seems it works better with 30 volts supplies.... i do think they are unbeatable...the best units i have assembled have used these folks....i do not think they sound better....i do think they are more linear at this range of frequency.

These transistors are being used by Brazilian industry (and European industry too) since the seventies.... a general use transistor, more dedicated to audio amplifiers.... it was the main substitution transistors to VAS and driver position to imported amplifiers along a couple of decades.... reliable, something you can trust... they are cousin of MJE340/350 but they do not oscilate the same way...they are more stable than MJE340/350... also they where made to lower supply voltages.

Dx Blame MKIII - Hx, home unit ready - YouTube

regards,

Carlos

We have layout.... this turns our life easier

I will eat the amplifier if someone say that is not satisfied with sonics.

But first, in advance, the guy must prove he is not crazy or have any kind of brain damage, or deaf, or retarded.... a registered Psychologist or Psychiatrist document is enough (Mental health).

About ears i will ask a Doctor of hearing, (ENT or Otorrinolaringologista) document too.

If they guy bring me these documents...even this way i will be thinking he use to drink too much.

regards,

Carlos

Attachments

• We have layout.jpg
    We have layout.jpg
    390.9 KB · Views: 513
  • Retarded.jpg
    Retarded.jpg
    77.1 KB · Views: 493
  • Or a drunk guy.jpg
    Or a drunk guy.jpg
    160.1 KB · Views: 498
Last edited:
Great! a "civilized" edition compared to the full blown Hx It's rather tempting to build this one as well.

My first observations are:
- No lifted ground anymore?
- The CCS seems to be running with a low current, so no need for a heatsink?
- The power transistors, is it possible to make them perpendicular to the board, just like the original Hx was? Or at least remove the traces behind them so both options are available.
- The same approach is used for the board and components will be pretty much all crammed together. Is it possible to make it larger? I foresee the same problems we got with the Hx: very "close to the other" solder pads; heatsink so tight that shorts are possible; output inductance squeezed... Let components breathe! Are the hole sizes reviewed?

I guess I'll raise my hand for a group buy! :)
Martin.

Group buy + extras

I'm not any good at making circuit boards nor do I want to go thru the process. So I would like to see a proven thought out board with a group buy. I would also recommend making a few extra for the people to find this amp a couple months later..... I missed out on HX-III Super Charged and keep hoping to get some boards some day....

More than a hundred Meanman.... all depends your supply

3 pairs will be enough.

2 pairs can hold 100 watts in a very confortable way.

Your amplifier is able to put out (MKIII Hx) much more than that in 8 ohms.

These ones shown, the small brothers, these new editions; the MKIII Hx - Home Edition and the MKIII Hx - Mini Edition (called Hx Home Edition and Hx Mini Edition) will give other range of power because other voltages in the supply, they are different from the MKIII Hx because of that... reduced versions.

Thes amplifiers use 2 pairs to the Home Edition (100 watts/ 8 ohms) and one pair to the Mini Edition... this last one, the Mini, use a single pair and the supply voltage is smaller..as a consequence the power is smaller too.

regards,

Carlos

Last edited:
I'm not any good at making circuit boards nor do I want to go thru the process. So I would like to see a proven thought out board with a group buy. I would also recommend making a few extra for the people to find this amp a couple months later..... I missed out on HX-III Super Charged and keep hoping to get some boards some day....

About the MKIII-HX high power still working on it.I'm trying some ideas and when I'm happy with the results it goes to Carlos for checking.

Will be a great pleasure to see your work dear Patrick

I am waiting to see....new boards, new ideas, to the next year...MKIII Hx is too much fresh... people is still building...we must wait them do and the dust gonna come down and then we gonna start to make modifications.

You see that Alex mm already made a pcboard layout removing the vertical transistors that now are connected to the main heatsink....so.... we gonna try different ideas and new layouts too.

First we must know forum people interest to a group buy second round to next year..the we can study deeply new ideas.... board from Alex is fine...i will love to see yours too.

Alex board, with the modification is here for you all to see.... we are working... alex mm is always watching forum and following thread's progress.... the man is alike a oiled machine..works fast and softly... the only thing that slow the man is a flu.

regards,

Carlos

Attachments

• DX MK III REV 2.2 ALL COLOR.jpg
    DX MK III REV 2.2 ALL COLOR.jpg
    891.2 KB · Views: 467
Carlos,
Can we reach 100Watts/8 ohm with 3 pairs output trannies.I would like that very much.
The very rough method I use for determining output stage specification relative to power is

Max output power ~ total Pmax of output devices / 5 or 6, for BJTs
Divide by 4 for FETs, (less affected by second breakdown, but not immune).

eg, 3pair of 1943/5200 is 6 * 150 =900W of Pmax.
Max output power is ~ 900/5 to 900/6, i.e. 150W to 180W

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.