Hiss sound from DIY speaker, anyway to remove it ?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
The DX amplifiers are dead quiet on idle when properly built.

Hiss is usually just caused by high gain which brings the noise of the input stage transistors up enough to be heard along with whats beeing picked up at the input.

Chipamps usually hiss because the internal circuit is just so terrible that it shouldent even work at all.

I assume you like single rail due to the sense of security of the output cap catching the dc offset when the amplifier fails.

I still much prefer split rails since that is how amplifiers are intended to work. Single rail was originally before they figured out how to make an amplifier properly, and is today only used in either really cheap and nasty mini systems or by ppl who prefers the sound of single rail and ac (capacitor) coupled output. on this end your looking mostly at amplifiers costing more than your car, weighting in at 20+ kilos, eating 500 watts on standby and still only produces about 1-5 watts of usable power into 4 ohms at 10-50% THD.
haha, its been a long time, about DX trust, i can't find the gain controlling resistor.
Is it possible that problem post to amplifier when the gain is tooooooo low ? (like 10db, when it was design at 50db or so ?)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.