diyAB Amp - The "Honey Badger"

.................2SC3503C is discontinued. KSC3503C is discontinued. KSC3503D is not discontinued but I don't know if it is okay to substitute, and I don't know what other substitutes there may be for these low availability types.

KSA1381C is discontinued. KSA1381E is not discontinued, but I don't know if it is okay to substitute, and I don't know what other substitutes there may be for these low availability types.

SC3503 and SA1381 are a pair and HFE match is currently unavailable, but I don't know if that factor is important....................
http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/solid-state/192431-diyab-amp-honey-badger-4.html#post2650605

What about asking Sonnya?

Remove the barrier to using boards? A: Bundle any problem device.

I'm curious about having low availability devices available bundled with the boards. After a quick check of Mouser, Digikey, Newark, RS, Allied, then it would be clear which devices are a barrier to using the boards. Then it would be ever so good to bundle those rare devices with the boards thus removing the barrier to using the boards.

Switches things on and off again
Joined 2000
Paid Member
Woody / SoIL - please contact the helpdesk with your order number and we'll get you a status update. From memory, Royal Mail says 5-7 working days from London to any international location but country specific customs can slow things down.

Also, the official build guide should be out in the next few days at the latest.

Last edited:
Switches things on and off again
Joined 2000
Paid Member
The build guides for the diyAB and our PSU board are now up. They are both available from the information pages of the boards - just click the "Build Guide" buttons:

Boards in The diyAudio Store

We'll be starting threads shortly for dedicated handling of all questions related to products in The diyAudio Store.

We don't have any pricing information available at the moment on either partial or full kits, but be sure we will post it as soon as we do. It'll be great to have this project available for easy purchase, and (hopefully) taking some funds which can be spent on feature development for the forum. This has always been the point of spending time getting the diyAudio Store up and running with a few salable products.

While we have admittedly spent a lot (probably too much) time putting out a few boards over the last year, the focus of diyAudio HQ in the future isn't going to be on knocking out new products. We're not an R&D lab - you guys are the lab! We'll be spending any revenue generated from the store on creating a great platform for sharing project ideas and making it easy for DIYers to get the stuff they need, which was why diyAudio was created in the first place.

Thanks as ever for your support!

You are protected from the heaven Simon, you may have a direct connection from there.

You have reduced VAS current, and this made the whole difference....man! .... this deeply impresses me how lucky you are!

Was the heat that moverd you to do that? ..... just impressive....on target man!

Have i understood you changed Vas current to 8 mA? .... you got that! .... this is unbeliavable you did that and did very well ... you may have not an anjo taking care of you but an Arcanjo!

regards and be happy,

Charlie