Attachments

• Dachshund Devil 2.jpg
    Dachshund Devil 2.jpg
    4.5 KB · Views: 1,276
  • IMG_0367.JPG
    IMG_0367.JPG
    337.3 KB · Views: 1,220
Last edited:
The diyAB amp plays homage to nature of the Honey Badger. Paraphrasing: "The Honey Badger is really pretty bad ***...Honey Badger don't care [about driving your load], Honey Badger [plays] the **** out of it".

IMHO the sonic purity and clarity direction was what was sought. OS always built to last while pursuing technical excellence and imaging of the music as the basis of efforts. Honey Badger might be appropriate for some, but for me the "OStripperSpecial" sums it up much better. I hope we hear from him soon.

I wish an AlexMM board was put in the store TOO. I never was found of OS's layout, even if they worked well for him. A board with ground plane and separate front end power would have been nice, just even for comparison. :confused:

Switches things on and off again
Joined 2000
Paid Member
IMHO the sonic purity and clarity direction was what was sought. OS always built to last while pursuing technical excellence and imaging of the music as the basis of efforts. Honey Badger might be appropriate for some, but for me the "OStripperSpecial" sums it up much better.

It's not an official name, just a funny unofficial internal name that materialized. The official name is "diyAB Amp". Yes, we could definitely have a more appropriate nick name but hey... it's funny, so I guess that's why it stuck.

I hope we hear from him soon.

Us too, if anyone knows of his whereabouts or last whereabouts please get in touch with me.

OStripperSpecial

With all due respect to Jason and Mark that have made possible this DiyA design but I second Krisfr with the "OStripperSpecial"

The reason being that I perceived Ostripper putting his soul on this design (or iteration if you will) and think he deserves this recognition thru the name.

I'm sure if he could would be facing all of us here with his usual enthusiasm. Hope he returns soon.

Cheers, Tony

diyAudio Editor
Joined 2001
Paid Member
:violin: The boards needed to be broken down into packages, a pair per package in this case. Also labeled with SKU numbers. This work should be finished on Wed, the 18th and shipped the 19th and be listed in the store in Los Angeles around the 25th. The Euro store a week later.

The people who normally package the stuff weren't available. The project seems a little cursed, but things have NOT stopped progressing... :crazy:

Last edited:
diyAudio Editor
Joined 2001
Paid Member
Last edited: