diyAB Amp - The "Honey Badger"

It is a shame that some innovative Chinese seller has not offered a chassis of good quality and such, at a reasonable price for the product and the shipping. I have seen many chassis that look real good, but the shipping cost is out of sight. IMHO the cost of a "empty chassis" exceeds the cost of most same size full amplifiers at the local big boxes...and the empty ones weigh less. Anyone with ANY solution for this dilemma?

It is a shame that some innovative Chinese seller has not offered a chassis of good quality and such, at a reasonable price for the product and the shipping. I have seen many chassis that look real good, but the shipping cost is out of sight. IMHO the cost of a "empty chassis" exceeds the cost of most same size full amplifiers at the local big boxes...and the empty ones weigh less. Anyone with ANY solution for this dilemma?
Here's what I selected for my solution. They're available in the states (NJ) and will also customize however you want ($). This is not quite as 'HIEND' and sexy as I would have liked, but a good comprise for the price. I ordered a black anodized 20 Series (16 x 12 x 4), with a custom punch on the back panel for an IEC connector. Should get here next week. For the AB amp I'm putting together there's more than enough room inside using these dimensions. YMMV. Shipping seems reasonable too. I will be updating another thread I've started to chart my progress for the community. I'll include pictures as I go along. The thread can be found here.

On a related note... I did order a smaller aluminum case for another DAC project I'm working on from a supplier in China and I can say unequivocally that it is one of the finest enclosures I've ever used - for the money. The dimensions on it are 7.25" x 11.5" x 2.5" and the face plate is a nice solid 5/16" thick. For only $32. I had him bundle some other items so the total shipping was reduced. I do agree though, the shipping from China can be expensive. Good luck.

We are cooking up plans for several chassis offerings. If things goes through, it should be available also in the DA Store. :)

Salamat Po, Jojo, thank you very much. That sounds like a solid plan, there are more than enough DIY's here to support that effort. 2 or 3 hundred dollars for and empty metal box, even with heat sinks boarders on crazy with hundreds if not thousands of container ships headed to ports here daily. I never understood why the makers or distributors would shoot themselfs in the foot with extraordinary high shipping prices.