diyAB Amp - The "Honey Badger"

It's a modushop "pesante dissipante" 5U x 400 monster. 4U x 300 should be just fine though-plenty of cooling.. We just happened to have the big one.

Price was hard to determine as it was imported into the Phillipines which was pricey.
It would be nice to someday offer them in the store, don't you think?

It sure is going to be nice and a lot easier for anyone to get the chassis if it were someday going to be available in the store. Putting them up in the store makes them more accessible for everyone imo.

I will try...
He show a popular (in his town) Class AB Power Amplifier schematic and he want to upgrade and little modifications (maybe) to get the best performance from the schematic. So, he ask any comment and suggestions about what he can to do.....

Mungkin maksudnya gitu Mas Ninda? saya jg masih belajar...

Great design...i discovered this evening the idea became reality

I have noticed, and this was a big relief to my conscience
that an idea I have developed almost the same time as Mark
Cronander (Variac) have been approved by the forum management
and a project started together Ostripper already in it’s final
moments …. The DIY forum audio amplifier.

This is very good…I am glad forum did that….not specially happy
because the best ever made amplifier (Blameless) was not the choice
when it is the best possible option and I have concluded that after 52 years
of continuous research assembling a couple of thousands amplifiers…but
Ostripper can make good ones too…difference in quality when we reach
that level of high quality is very small and sometimes humans cannot perceive…
only instruments can detect some differences.

I am developing other projects in my personal life and this is a relief as i
was feeling bad to leave the forum before this kind of decision was taken…the
excellent idea that is to combat pirates offering cheap boards from our forum
to some popular designs…very good…now pirates will not profit anymore when they
Use forum behaving like spies to obtain informs they use to earn money… forum
doing that will finish with the stuff…. Good!

Was a great and horrible surprise to see this is already rolling since last year..i do not
use to be reading other threads as I am focused into my own amplifiers to be
giving follow up in several foruns…. And I have not perceived the seed was
transformed into a plant… this evening I noticed…and you have a great beta tester,
Nisman is someone that is able to evaluate and compare things… this is excellent.

This way, I am leaving forum to take care of other projects I have already started,
all documents are in our forum, even gerbers where sent to Mark Cronnander
several months ago…. Also there are sites, home pages with my schematics and
people can use to obtain details about…hundreds of pages are written and our forum
will keep all the stuff to future access.

I have to thank you all, by several years of enjoyment, where you have cooperated
with uncle Charlie offering to me the chance to show you some amplifiers and some
of you had the trust to assemble and made me happy saying the amplifier sounded
good…so… this is something that honored me and I will go with this reminds from you
all.

Do not worry about me…I am happy perceiving something I had a struggle to obtain
from our forum had became truth… now you all will be protected against pirates,
the forum will offer boards and new ideas will be developed and younger guys will
create new amplifiers to the community enjoyment…I feel free to go, as I can go with
nice memories and with the pride I have cooperated in many ways…in special related
this idea … forum amplifier…forum providing boards… this was great and I will go with
the feeling I have supplied water to that seed.

Others got out because their amplifiers where copied by pirates...i was here feeling that leave the forum was not a solution...the solution was to suggest forum to produce boards at low price in order not to give any advantage to pirates...and now this was done...so....now i can leave in peace with my conscience..i did good things here..for sure i did.

regards,

Carlos

Last edited:
If someone had his phone number, it would be easy to check with him quickly. OS seems to me to put on his happy face when on the forums, and no one can blame him (who doesn't?). So we cannot really know what he is dealing with at home. Some people are continually under the weather. I want to be patient and give him the benefit of the doubt. Besides, I've found on the internet people tend to always want MOAR, NAO. I never questioned this until people gained interest in one of my projects.

Still, does someone have his number?