diyAB Amp - The "Honey Badger"

Mounting Q10, Q11, Q12 with a piece of aluminum as heat sink...

Q11 and Q12 are mounted back to back with each other using only one bolt...

Attachments

• IMG_3147.jpg
    IMG_3147.jpg
    432.4 KB · Views: 1,224
  • IMG_3148.jpg
    IMG_3148.jpg
    435.9 KB · Views: 1,132
  • IMG_3149.jpg
    IMG_3149.jpg
    420.8 KB · Views: 991
Sir Jojo,

I Ronald Here also in Phils, did you buy those parts here locally? Its seems hard to find.

Salamat,

Hi Ronald,

Mouser, RS and Farnell has them, shouldn't be that hard to find. Beware of some locally available parts, especially the active devices, lot's of counterfeit stuff out there.

Most of the active devices available out there can be used for this amp, you just need to check Vce and their pin orientation. Of course, OS's recommendations still stands since they were chosen for their performance.

Jojo

Sir Jojo,
Im intersted with your work. Can i buy ready made pcb with you? I have original output trainis from onsemi but no yet circuit for my amp. Pls PM me your personal mail. tnx.

Ronald

Hi Ronald,

The boards will be exclusively available at the diyAudio Store after we've tested it and tuned to our specifications.

Hold on to those trannies, once this baby rocks then I'm sure you'll have an excellent excuse to use those in your arsenal.

Jojo

That error is on the schematic, but not on the board, thankfully.

The C and E of T3 are shorted!

- keantoken

The PCB layout program sometimes changes the coordinates of trace points, when I duplicate the board. I dupe the board to save a version.

I have corrected the noted problem...

I am very busy with another project at the moment, I will post more readable visuals shortly.

Thanks

Here you go...

Please comment correct or otherwise, I want to get this right... and I am open to suggestions for improvements too.

I am willing to share this with anyone that wants to DIY.

It, the board is NOT done, I have to mark the parts on the ground plane. I think it can be made with one side with jumpers. I will strive to make it doable one sided.

Also the schematic for the power additions are just what you need to add to OStripper Schematic...

Attachments

• Krisfrbot.gif
    Krisfrbot.gif
    71.9 KB · Views: 1,215
  • Krisfrtop.gif
    Krisfrtop.gif
    72.9 KB · Views: 1,304
  • KrisfrSchematic.gif
    KrisfrSchematic.gif
    30.1 KB · Views: 1,253
  • KrisfrGnd.gif
    KrisfrGnd.gif
    89.4 KB · Views: 1,246
Last edited:
Krisfr, is it possible you can make the text cut out of the ground plane, instead of having to clear space around it? Seems like something sensible any layout program should be able to do.

D104 and D201 still need to be reversed on the schematic and the board.

It looks to me like the input stage CCS is all foobar'd.

- keantoken

Krisfr, is it possible you can make the text cut out of the ground plane, instead of having to clear space around it? Seems like something sensible any layout program should be able to do.

D104 and D201 still need to be reversed on the schematic and the board.

It looks to me like the input stage CCS is all foobar'd.

- keantoken

Done on both

Attachments

• KrisfrSche2.gif
    KrisfrSche2.gif
    30.1 KB · Views: 1,541
  • KrisfrFiX.gif
    KrisfrFiX.gif
    46.4 KB · Views: 1,189
Last edited: