diyAB Amp - The "Honey Badger"

Danke just

PS uF if can someone?

50kuf for a stereo pair or 25k for each. Double that for lower ripple.
I have my "6 pack" for a similar OP stage X 2 -
228938d1309142969-mongrel-supersym-ii-altec.jpg

6 x 8200uf -100v Apex jr. samwha caps. CHEAP -15$ + PCB +35A bridge.

OS

suggested trafo

2 X 300Va standard 38-0-38v E-waste trafos (or new ones). 1 X 600-800Va / 40-0-40V unit , either choice will require a soft start. 2$ "el cheapo" will do(below 1+2). Started the above PS 100's of times -- works real nice , can use the trafo ac direct or the 68V positive rail to activate.

Will share PCB , if needed. :)

OS

Attachments

• ss real.jpg
    ss real.jpg
    80.5 KB · Views: 10,906
  • SS.gif
    SS.gif
    57.6 KB · Views: 10,725
diyAudio Editor
Joined 2001
Paid Member
This project started out as a request from DIYaudio to Ost to design an amplifier for the Community and to make the PCB available through the DIYaudio shop.

Suggestions to organise pirate Group Buy seems to defeat the intent.

Absolutely! we contracted with OS for this design to be sold only through the diyAudio Store and we'd appreciate you all not pirating it!

Of course you can burn your own boards for your own use..

Mark
:sarge:

2 X 300Va standard 38-0-38v E-waste trafos (or new ones). 1 X 600-800Va / 40-0-40V unit , either choice will require a soft start. 2$ "el cheapo" will do(below 1+2). Started the above PS 100's of times -- works real nice , can use the trafo ac direct or the 68V positive rail to activate.

Will share PCB , if needed. :)

OS

Thanks for your work on this new amp ostripper. I am waiting on a blank pcb to arrive before I start.
Could you please supply the pcb details to make the soft start thanks?

Regards

Simon

Just to let you know. If you are going to need any of the:

KSC3503ESTU
KSA1381ESTU

I have ordered 5760 pcs each.

They were ordered the 13. july and there is 8 weeks delivery time on them.

Thats a lot of devices , leave some in the world for the rest of us. :D

The E's are good , But the F's are what you should shoot for. Most of my F's
have 275+ beta. These devices are used for the deflection in CRO's (H+V) ..
precision linear amps - instrumentation preferred devices.

The only performance differences between the 2 gain groups might be a little faster slew and less load on the "enhancer" in the VAS.

OS

Thanks for your work on this new amp ostripper. I am waiting on a blank pcb to arrive before I start.
Could you please supply the pcb details to make the soft start thanks?

Regards

Simon

Here ya are , full S4 "super simple soft start" (I have 2 working , made the first 2years ago) 50mm X75 (below) , any junk microwave oven single pole relay will work. :D

Whole "package" below ... S4.zip...
If you want the power supplies , too - I have the "6pac" (external 35A bridge) and the "4pac"( snubbered 10 A flatpack bridge). Both built and working nice. 6pac is good for 1 big PS , 4 pac's are good for dual mono.
OS

Attachments

• S4_overview.GIF
    S4_overview.GIF
    11.4 KB · Views: 3,136
  • S4.zip
    66.3 KB · Views: 735
Last edited:
Here ya are , full S4 "super simple soft start" (I have 2 working , made the first 2years ago) 50mm X75 (below) , any junk microwave oven single pole relay will work. :D

Whole "package" below ... S4.zip...
If you want the power supplies , too - I have the "6pac" (external 35A bridge) and the "4pac"( snubbered 10 A flatpack bridge). Both built and working nice. 6pac is good for 1 big PS , 4 pac's are good for dual mono.
OS

Your too good Os. I was going to attempt to build a 1kw smps for the supply but if that doesn't work out will go traditional tranny and caps method. If you want to share your 6pac and 4pac versions with myself and the community I certainly wouldn't say no. Always handy to have that data stored on the computer to help with the next project.

A big thank you for your help in advance to your reply.:)

Regards

Simon

6PAC - proven simple PS

Here is the "6pac" (below)
full package (below- attached)

-better than the EBAY ones
- true star ground
- takes the APEX JR. panasonic or Samwha 2-3$ cap's- (22mm LS 4 pin) AND 10mm snap-ins.
- built 10 of these for my "bar-room" ebay amps.
-SUPER durable...
-100mm X 150mm.... not much bigger than the 6 caps themselves. 2 would fit a dual- mono setup for 100Kuf. :eek: (overkill)

"4PAC" is next ... my "test"PS and a smaller package (10mm snap-ins - 75mm X 100mm total) these are good to get rid of all your "loose" (extra) caps. :cool:

Enjoy...

OS

Attachments

• 6PAC_PS.zip
    121.6 KB · Views: 671
  • 6PAC_overview.GIF
    6PAC_overview.GIF
    31.2 KB · Views: 3,077