diyAB Amp - The "Honey Badger" - Page 83 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Solid State

Solid State Talk all about solid state amplification.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 23rd June 2012, 12:16 PM   #821
diyAudio Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by naf View Post
Would it still good performance if i build HB using mje340/350 instead of ksc3503/ksa1381?
The other prototype uses mje340/350 types, no problem at all.

Unless you have a built in scope in your ears.
Old 23rd June 2012, 12:36 PM   #822
naf is offline naf  Indonesia
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JojoD818 View Post
The other prototype uses mje340/350 types, no problem at all.

Unless you have a built in scope in your ears.
Thankyou very much Sir, yes i see clearly picture of VBe prototype using mje and i think big vavas and ccs using this too. I will build using toshiba TR for driver and final.
Old 23rd June 2012, 12:43 PM   #823
diyAudio Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by naf View Post
Thankyou very much Sir, yes i see clearly picture of VBe prototype using mje and i think big vavas and ccs using this too. I will build using toshiba TR for driver and final.
Just remember to be careful sourcing those toshiba for I read reports of counterfeit toshiba parts.
Old 23rd June 2012, 02:04 PM   #824
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JojoD818 View Post
Just remember to be careful sourcing those toshiba for I read reports of counterfeit toshiba parts.
Sir, Thank you very much for your attention. I'll carefully sourcing those toshiba TR.
Old 23rd June 2012, 02:43 PM   #825
jofual is offline jofual  Indonesia
diyAudio Member

Hiii all...
Can any body tell me about the sound quality of this amplifier.. ? I plan to built the stereo amp that have very good in sound..
can we compare with the Sr 200..? wich is the better sound? thanks..
Old 23rd June 2012, 02:56 PM   #826
diyAudio Member

@jofual: All i know, ostripper designer of this amp. Put all the best of his expreince to this amp. I'm not built it yet. But i bet this is a very good amp. Try to read thread of frugalamp and mongrel and you know who was ostripper. I've built sysmasym v5.3 and this amp derived from. Ostripper supersym ii aka mongrel. if you want to build it i think we can share expreince in our local forum

Last edited by naf; 23rd June 2012 at 03:02 PM.
Old 2nd July 2012, 06:59 AM   #827
diyAudio Member

Any news on the parts pack?
Old 4th July 2012, 03:09 PM   #828
diyAudio Member

Default Operating voltage. . . can I use less than 60v rails?

Hey, I was wondering if I could use 35vdc rails in case I happened to have 2 way speakers and didn't need to crack up the vocals coming from the madly shaking woofer (aka didn't quite need the 150 watts when 60 would do) or in case I have 4 ohm speakers that need good current but didn't quite need as much voltage, then could I use 42vdc rails?

I guess I just need a briefing on what rail voltages work well for this amp. Is it specific to 60vdc rails or can I use less without getting into a lot of modifications?

Thanks!!
Old 4th July 2012, 04:43 PM   #829
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by danielwritesbac View Post
Hey, I was wondering if I could use 35vdc rails in case I happened to have 2 way speakers and didn't need to crack up the vocals coming from the madly shaking woofer (aka didn't quite need the 150 watts when 60 would do) or in case I have 4 ohm speakers that need good current but didn't quite need as much voltage, then could I use 42vdc rails?

I guess I just need a briefing on what rail voltages work well for this amp. Is it specific to 60vdc rails or can I use less without getting into a lot of modifications?

Thanks!!
Hi,

OS's post #171 diyAB Amp - The "Honey Badger" would suggest that the amplifier would work with 15VDC rails, certainly fine at +/- 42V. But would you need all of the output pairs for that supply voltage?
Old 6th July 2012, 08:31 AM   #830
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by currentflow View Post
Hi,OS's post #171 diyAB Amp - The "Honey Badger" would suggest that the amplifier would work with 15VDC rails, certainly fine at +/- 42V. But would you need all of the output pairs for that supply voltage?
A). Thank you very much! Perhaps there's some common transformers usable that we may already own.

B). In some case the 60vdc rails doesn't need the triple parallel output and there are other cases where the 42vdc rails needs triple parallel outputs and sturdy devices. That seems to vary by speaker load, right?

Hide this!Advertise here!