diyAB Amp - The "Honey Badger"

We are doing great!
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

http://ipm-labreg.ivt.ntnu.no/20160304_192209.jpg

sounds very open in difference to the old NAD previously used.
As my wife said, " oh that sounded nice".
Top plate is missing air vents, and front plate is also not machined. But has the same design as the preamp.
Preamp can be seen to the left (thanks to teabag).

thanks, I do not totally agree about the cleanliness, but I've learned to make the wires a bit long cuz everytime I finish up something I think is clean, it sounds like crap, so making long wires tying them around differet odd cables and move it a bit to the left and through the transformer gets rid of the noise ... I never get it right the first few tries but whenever the wires look thrown in there it is GREAT! go figure!!!
So for the last builds of class a I built, I used a scope to see what wires did what and got rid of noise that way. As I read here on the forum somewhere, best noise cancler is space ;D so I made the case twice the width and it gave me a LOT of space to put stuff. I'll finish up the box and add some new photos with details

sad news... made my chassis top last night. While putting it in place I accidentaly dropped the temp sensor inside!!! I think it shorted between one of the fuses on right channel and ground, blew the fuse with a hump, and right midwoofers went byebyebye. Tested again with new fuse and everything and lef speaker was fine and the amplifier to.
Was planning on using the speaker elements in the new speakerset. :(

Now this morning I was laying in bed, kids got up backbraking early turned on tv and sound, what they usually do. My wife just got down and we hear pow pow pow from the left speaker and its a gonner. You got to hate the smell of burned speaker elements.

Smoke and glowing from the amp cabinet and r23 on left channel is burned. WTF was that about? I cannot find much information about r23 but the amp has been going for days without any trouble

sad news... made my chassis top last night. While putting it in place I accidentaly dropped the temp sensor inside!!! I think it shorted between one of the fuses on right channel and ground, blew the fuse with a hump, and right midwoofers went byebyebye. Tested again with new fuse and everything and lef speaker was fine and the amplifier to.
Was planning on using the speaker elements in the new speakerset. :(

Now this morning I was laying in bed, kids got up backbraking early turned on tv and sound, what they usually do. My wife just got down and we hear pow pow pow from the left speaker and its a gonner. You got to hate the smell of burned speaker elements.

Smoke and glowing from the amp cabinet and r23 on left channel is burned. WTF was that about? I cannot find much information about r23 but the amp has been going for days without any trouble

You need a good speaker protection system. They're money well spent.

Well sort of have one, I got the dc protection board from the store here.
But not connected the right way I think.
Asked in the thread but it seems dead.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/54959803@N06/23933692454/

here we can see a photo where the 45v goes to the speaker protection but it is supposed to be 12.

now, my transformer has 12 v but I'm unsure how to connect it to work, it delays but I recon it cannot detect dc

You need a good speaker protection system. They're money well spent.

Nice to see audio guys agree on something. ;D

Well it was stable for about five days before putting it in the livingroom. Found the fault I think...
Need the source a r33 1/2w resistor without paying hell in "handling"

Actually I agree with just about everything AndrewT says. You just hear about things we don't agree on.:D

There's likely going to be more collateral damage in your amplifier.

If you are like most people, you'll likely want to build more toys, because it is a very addicting hobby. To keep costs down, buy a bunch of other supplies and parts you will likely need in the future at the same time. The shipping cost and handling fees are then split between all the parts instead of just one.

probably some collateral damage yes, but i'm not going to buy a whole set of everything, so I'm going to look for one resistor and start testing slowly from there on. I do have a bunch of transistors and diodes and a lot of extras laying around here, but not this one resistor.

thinking of it, i probably have two ALMOST complete sets, just not these odd resistors that is never supposed to break

Actually I agree with just about everything AndrewT says. You just hear about things we don't agree on.:D

There's likely going to be more collateral damage in your amplifier.

If you are like most people, you'll likely want to build more toys, because it is a very addicting hobby. To keep costs down, buy a bunch of other supplies and parts you will likely need in the future at the same time. The shipping cost and handling fees are then split between all the parts instead of just one.