Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Solid State

Solid State Talk all about solid state amplification.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 24th May 2012, 09:50 PM   #691
diyAudio Member

well i knew my posting would get results . they were waiting in my mailbox when i got home today

one day shy of 3 weeks for those others waiting . at least i hope that there's others waiting and the interest in this project hasn't fizzled .

cheers Woody
Old 24th May 2012, 10:43 PM   #692
SoIL4x4 is online now SoIL4x4  United States
diyAudio Member

Good to hear. As for the interest I think everyone is probably stalking their mailbox, I know I am.
Old 25th May 2012, 03:55 AM   #693
Jason is offline Jason  Australia
:)
diyAudio Administrator

As soon as the build guide is ready we'll start promoting it more heavily. A full parts pack is also in the works, and will hopefully be available soon.
Old 25th May 2012, 06:48 AM   #694
diyAudio Member

Default Yay !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason View Post
As soon as the build guide is ready we'll start promoting it more heavily. A full parts pack is also in the works, and will hopefully be available soon.

A parts pack would remove my last excuse for NOT making one !

Rgds
blakkatoa
Old 25th May 2012, 03:30 PM   #695
Krisfr is offline Krisfr  United States
diyAudio Member

How much 4 Xformer, case and FULL parts TOTAL KIT?
Old 29th May 2012, 08:37 PM   #696
mattmcl is offline mattmcl  United States
diyAudio Member

"A full parts pack is also in the works, and will hopefully be available soon."

Count me in for one when it's ready. Thanks to everyone involved for this, it looks like the perfect project.
Old 30th May 2012, 03:02 AM   #697
Jason is offline Jason  Australia
:)
diyAudio Administrator

The build guides for the diyAB and our PSU board are now up. They are both available from the information pages of the boards - just click the "Build Guide" buttons:

Boards in The diyAudio Store

We'll be starting threads shortly for dedicated handling of all questions related to products in The diyAudio Store.

We don't have any pricing information available at the moment on either partial or full kits, but be sure we will post it as soon as we do. It'll be great to have this project available for easy purchase, and (hopefully) taking some funds which can be spent on feature development for the forum. This has always been the point of spending time getting the diyAudio Store up and running with a few salable products.

While we have admittedly spent a lot (probably too much) time putting out a few boards over the last year, the focus of diyAudio HQ in the future isn't going to be on knocking out new products. We're not an R&D lab - you guys are the lab! We'll be spending any revenue generated from the store on creating a great platform for sharing project ideas and making it easy for DIYers to get the stuff they need, which was why diyAudio was created in the first place.

Thanks as ever for your support!
Old 30th May 2012, 04:09 AM   #698
diyAudio Member

That guide is fantastic. Very professionally done. Wish it was there when I built mine. What are your thoughts on the LC capacitor? Have you kept this installed in your build of the Badger? Also which VAS did you use CMC or TMC?

Regards

Simon
Old 30th May 2012, 12:52 PM   #699
diyAudio Member

Default You are protected from the heaven Simon, you may have a direct connection from there.

You have reduced VAS current, and this made the whole difference....man! .... this deeply impresses me how lucky you are!

Was the heat that moverd you to do that? ..... just impressive....on target man!

Have i understood you changed Vas current to 8 mA? .... you got that! .... this is unbeliavable you did that and did very well ... you may have not an anjo taking care of you but an Arcanjo!

regards and be happy,

Charlie
Old 30th May 2012, 05:59 PM   #700
diyAudio Member

On page 8 of the Build Guide, KSC 1845 (HG) has been shown as 845 missing the 1. Perhaps, correcting this could help many builders.

Hide this!Advertise here!