Sony STR-6065 Receiver Left Channel Issues

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hey Mooly,
I'm looking at the rear power input and i have a red wire that looks as though it has been added coming from the main unswitched outlet connecting to the grey wire. it looks like it has been replaced. just wondering if it was a resistor that was originally there? i have attached a pic of the wire in question.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

i have checked most of the resistors and caps and all seem good. im just a little stuped at the moment.
thanks,
Kyle

Administrator
Joined 2007
Paid Member
If you suspect the mains input wiring has been tampered with then you MUST confirm all is correct with reference to a circuit. In particular that the wiring is safe, that the correct mains voltage options are in place for your locale and that any mains safety fuses are not bypassed.

Has the amp been working OK and just failed ?

Is this an ebay purchase with an unknown history ?

This was purchased from a kijiji ad with a bunch of other electronics.
i have checked most resistors and they read fine.
before i replaced the resistors the amp had turned on but no sound output. after installing the new resistors i now have a left channel at low volumes. i have a sneaking suspicion that there is supposed to be a resistor in place where the red wire is, so if anyone has a Full schematic or would like to open up their sony to see the back wire it would be greatly appreciated.
i have a few extra resistors and a transistor i am going to replace today and then i will post more details.
Aslo i have only seen two fuses in this amplifier, is this correct?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.