Hybrid situation

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I am looking into a small 30 watt hybrid integrated. Tube preamp with mosfet output.

I saw some glowing reviews concerning this small amp. Its to be used for desktop with high end components. One person who is technically inclined ... opened it up and found the following.

I got this amp before really checking out what's inside. Oh, jeeze. Yes, the pre-amp section is a 12ax7, which is nice I guess. But the output stage is just a power op-amp, basically the last thing that you would want to use in audio! (Unless of course you're trying to build a cheap amp.)

Usually, when a manufacturer says an amp is "hybrid," they typically mean a tube driving a discrete output stage (usually push-pull FETs). Not a freakin' pop-amp!

The amp has a great rep among certain audiophiles. Does what this person found have to mean bad sound???

Appreciate any help in understanding what is going on.

Thanks, Gene

Its a Jolida integrated. Jolida holds a good rep amongst tube lovers, so I figure it would have to be well thought out.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Here is the data.

Construction Details and Features:Construction Details and Features: # Fully Integrated Stereo Amplifier: Input 500mV driving 30 watts # Remote Control # Multiple Inputs: Front mounted selector switch-Input, DVD, CD, and Aux. (for TV, VCR or Computer # State of the Art Components: ALPS audio potentiometer, gold plated RCA input jacks.
Technical Specifications:

Technical Specifications:
Rated Output Power: 30 W per channel at 8 ohms, 22Hz to 20KHz
Frequency Response:
(at 1 watt into 8 ohms) 5Hz to 100KHz + 1dB
Bandwidth:
22Hz to 20kHz + 3dB; 0dB 30 W 1KHz
Distortion THD :
Less than 0.1% at 30 W output, 25Hz to 18KHz
Input Impedance:
47Kohms
Input Sensitivity:
500mV at 1KHz and 8 ohms for 30 watt output
Noise and Hum:
90dB below rated output
Tube Complement:
2 pcs. 12AX7 for the preamplifier
Power Requirements: 110V-120 VAC 60Hz 180 watts-standby, 450 watts maximum (220 VAC 50Hz option)
Dimensions:
11 1/2 inches wide by 8 3/4 inches deep by 3 1/4 inches high
Weight :
8 pounds (3.65 Kg) net, approximately 11 pounds (5 Kg) packaged
Fuse:
110 - 120 VAC, 2 Amp Fast Blo; 200 - 240 VAC, 1 Amp Fast Blo

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.