Thinking of making DIY amp forum...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I'm quickly improving my PHP skills and I want to start a project. What would you guys think of a site that is dedicated to the design and construction of solid state amplifiers? I don't mean soldering together kits, I mean about designing them yourself. I was thinking to have a section filled with articles written by members about things like bi-amping, NFB, IM distortion etc... Even basic things to help newbies get started like transistor and mosfet operation. Also another part of the site would contain datasheets for transistors/mosfets with a chart for common specs like power ratings or hfe making it easy to pick out the right part. Another section could hold classifieds or sources for parts like heatsinks. Is it worth doing? It would be several weeks before anything would be up and running though.

hmmm interesting...

there's something like a WIKI over here but I don't like it at all!!
i would say keep using this forum to post your questions, and build an extra site where we can post/read articles, schematics, etc...
the articles on the new site should be ordered by subject and not by date!!! the problem with a forum is that our results will disappear after some time and it will be hard to others to find our schematics, results, improvements or whatever....

what do you other guys think?

best regards,

HB.

Well this site is filled with threads about "which amp should i build?" or "gainclone whatever" or "zen ..." or "which opamp should i use?" I want to keep this forum to diy solid state design, not practicing soldering by putting together other people's designs. But yes, the theory articles and datasheets will also be a large part of it too.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.