Samples from ONsemi fakes ?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Some of the samples i ordered from ONsemi arrived today.

Two out of the three were marked phillipines and the last one china, this got me a bit worried.

Is there any cause for concern that the china ones could be fakes ?? The packaging style is different also from the others.

Atleast its att NPN from one batch and the PNP ones from the other, but i suppose optimum would be both NPN and PNP from same batch for best performance.

Quesion is why they imported the MJW21196's ones and not the MJW21195's

The MJL4281A's were also phillipines, the MJL4302's are yet to arrive, i wonder why they sent one order in 3 separate shipments.

........ NPN from one batch and the PNP ones from the other, but i suppose optimum would be both NPN and PNP from same batch for best performance..........
I don't know, I'm not in the industry, but I doubt you can get both NPN and PNP complementaries from the same wafer (batch).
I suspect different wafer with different chemicals at different temperatures/pressures for different times.

I think these parts are real, simply because OnSemi or any other manufacturer will lose credability very very fast if they ship a fake sample. It's in their own interest to send you only the best qualty.

As for the markings. Just look at the MJW21195 datasheet. You will find the explanation for the marking on the first page. Dig a little deeper and find the PCN.
This will tell you that Onsemi moved assembly from PSI Manila to Nantong-Fujitsu’s China. Those parts are marked by NF site code marking.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.