Need help with my bi-amp system

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Im trying to design a bi-amp system or my living room. I made the active crossover (ESP Project 81) which is set to 130Hz i have SEAS Prestige 27TBCD, SEAS Prestige ER18RNX for the high pass and the 1 Dayton 15" Reference Subwoofer on the low pass. I am just confused what amp to build that will sound the best for each.

I like the DX Precision I amp for my subwoofer because it's said to produce a lot of power and have good bass response. is there any other amps that will work better for this application?

For the mid/highs i though of building the DX Precision I again but running from regulated 45+/- and using 2 output pairs instead of three to reduce power output. Is there any other amps that have better sounding highs/mid's that are not that hard to build? How does the normal dx amps highs/mid's sound compared to the DX Precision I?

Its only a simulation thing, that resistor doesent actually exist in the actual amp.

Anyways im doing open loop simulations at this thing atm and its virtually flat from 1Hz to 1MHz, phase is pretty flat too, i reckon that makes this a pretty good design.

I think the Precision beats any of the older DX amps including the HRII, but at a cost in parts, heatsinks, transformers and electricity consumption. If money is no problem, I'd use the same amps from bottom to top, so that things stay "voiced" the same, gain stays the same, etc...

If i'm going to build the precision I 3 times i need to make it simpler.
Will these modification's to the circuit make still it stable/sound good?

Do the vas/driver transistor's need a heat sink? (in my experience the vas/drivers even in high power amps don't get that hot)

I was thinking of running the high/mid amp off a linear regulated 50+/- and it having 2 output pairs and the subwoofer amp run off unregulated 65+/-

What is the max safe operating voltage to power the amp's off of with my modifications? (The sub is 4 ohms, highs/mid 8 ohms)

Attachments

• DX.pdf
    21.7 KB · Views: 65
  • DXPCB.pdf
    62.6 KB · Views: 58
  • EAGLE Files.zip
    69.6 KB · Views: 33
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.