Sumo Andromeda very early series schematics

Hi all. I did something a little dumb.

A customer sent me a Sumo Andromeda that had failed.

A couple of previous questionable repair jobs, mix and match outputs....a lot of BS.

I stripped it down and the customer had a very nice copy of the early schematic. Well upon re-assembly, the board has holes ( and HAD components for ) C5, C6, and C7......if you look on the schematic, C7 is there but C5 and C6 are nowhere to be found !!!!.....DOH !

Does anyone have a very early schematic for one of these ?. The Sn is 400945 and it is a "mark 1" or "series 1" first run Andromeda.

It's ready to go except for those parts !

Thanks

Rob

I have the schematic that was in the owner's manual of an Andromeda I that I bought in the 87/88 time frame, no C5 or C6 either. You said there were components meaning you took them out or they were missing when you got it? Where are the components in the circuit? I also have a service manual for that amp but some basic parts like that are not listed. PM me if you want the info that I have. I'll have to scan it in though. If all else fails get on the SAETALK forum and ask the man himself, James Bongiorno. I met him a few weeks ago and he's going to help me on my SUMO NINE when I get a piece of test equipment I'm missing. In the mean time I'll scrounge up my copy of Audio Amateur in which he wrote an article on the building of Ampzilla III which is the same as an Andromeda I minus a pair of output transistors, I'll let you know tomorrow.

Craig

I took them out because I am replacing all the old ceramic caps, so they were there to begin with.

C5---- One side is connected to ground on the " signal in " pin, the other is connected to R2-C7

C6---- One side is connected to ground on the " signal in " pin , the other is connected to R3-C7

I emailed Mr.B at his company, and I don't know his schedule so I can only hope he gets back to me fairly quickly.

I will try the SAE forum.

I think I'll be OK without the scan, just need to know where to set the bias's for the 2 stages.

Thanks !!

Rob

Looks like C5 is a match and it's 220pf in the Ampzilla III, there isn't a cap on the feedback side of the diff. If you want the bias instructions for Andromeda and Ampzilla III schematic PM me. Did everything else match the schematic you have for Andromeda? Unless you threw the parts away you should have two capacitors left over, correct?

Craig