where is the input in this thing?!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
hello everyone.
this is my first post in these forums.

so i've decided to dabble a bit with audio electronics.
seeing as i'm a novice , i've taken it a step at a time.
the plan was as follows:

take a garden variety music player (combo of cd/cassette/radio in my case)
find the audio-power amp
take it out
connect it to a set of bigger speakers
put in my own input (hopefully a 3.5mm audio jack)
admire my handywork.

naturally, it didn't work.

i don't know how to convert a 3.5mm audio jack connection to the connectors i have on the amp.
as far as i can see, it has three input connectors which are the cd , cassetter and radio inputs. but none of the are 2 wire connections.

these are photos of the board

i've tried to find a schematic of this specific radio (AKAI AJ-C018) but to no avail.

i hope you can help me.

thank you.

I'd say throw away that trash quality circuitry, those cheap boomboxes internals are just not worth it!

Instead build a amplifier on a piece of protoboard, the kinda stuff with a ring of copper around each hole.

There are lots of schematics on this site to choose from.

Check out ostripper's link in his signature, in there you'll find a variety ranging from less than a watt, up to several hundred watts.

Hello Bouncing Jack, more photos of the connectors would help a lot. From what I see in photo 4 the connector that says R G L next to it may be the input connector, but without knowing where the speakers connect to the board, it's hard to tell. They may have used that connector I previously mentioned for the speaker hook up instead.

Peace,

Dave

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.