Has anybody Burmester or AVM schematics?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I remember a Burmester phono stage circuit floating around, however, I wasn't that impressed.

Maybe you would like to have a look at Nelsons designs (F5) or John Curls JC-3 or maybe Krells KSA50 just to name a few popular ones.

Hannes

Hello,

Has anybody Burmester or AVM amp schematics?
I am already experienced in building top loudspeaker. Now I would like to know more about top amps. It would be interesting to see some burmester or avm schematics and to learn from it.
Can somebody help me? :D
In the German test magazine "Stereoplay" was a very detailled description from a diy amplifier. The author was Mr. Günter Mania. He founded the German audio company "AVM".
Check out this thread for more informations:
http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/solid-state/27644-stereoplay-1988-monoblock-guenter-mania.html.

I wonder, that nobody have carried out a reverse engineering of Burmester's power amplifier.

If you want to get best sounded amplifiers, use Class-A and go to the websites from passlabs.com. Here you will find "easy-to build" topologies for getting best results. Unfortunately not suited, if you only like "low cost" solutions.

My favorite solution is a multi-amping mode, in case of a two-way loudspeaker system an ordinary Class-AB for the low frequency aera (e. g. the "Blameless" topology from D.Self) and for the high frequency aera the "ZEN"-topology from Mr. Nelson Pass.

Last edited:
1987/1988 article series schematic included a 5534 input stage.(this page copy is from the web, not a xerox from my Stereoplay mags, me build with original RCA FETs)
Later commercial model upgrade included a switch to BB OPA627.
Take note that the commercial stuff did have source resistors.

(Burmester gear has been copied as far back as the late 70s. :clown: )

Attachments

• AVM besch3im9.jpg
    AVM besch3im9.jpg
    255.4 KB · Views: 2,511
Last edited:
The Circlotron topology is one of my favorite design. Unfortunately there are very few commercial brands on the marked, where this topology is in use:
http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/soli...-names-commercial-solid-state-amplifiers.html
Good known brands by solid state versions was SUMO and as new product Thorens, as you also note.
For DIY this site is interesting:
http://www.susan-parker.co.uk/zeus.htm
and the associated thread here:
http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/solid-state/42259-zero-feedback-impedance-amplifiers.html
The power amp with lowest possible active devices in the signal path !!!
1987/1988 article series schematic included a 5534 input stage.(this page copy is from the web, not a xerox from my Stereoplay mags, me build with original RCA FETs)
Later commercial model upgrade included a switch to BB OPA627.
Take note that the commercial stuff did have source resistors.

(Burmester gear has been copied as far back as the late 70s. :clown: )
Thank you for posting this schematic. I like this topology, because there is only one VAS stage in the signal path and thus no Cdom is necessary.

Last edited:
My title "Has anybody Burmester or AVM schematics" is grammatically wrong. The title should be "Does anybody has Burmester or AVM schematics"! I was so confused. Can a moderator change this? Is it the reason why no native english speaking person is answering?

The Thorens Circlotron TEM 3200 is interesting. It is totally DC-coupled, has tubes in the driving stage for higher characteristic curve or gain and it has only one trimmer to set the operating point for the output transistors. The output transisors are power hexfets. They were tested in Stereoplay December 2005 I think. Here is the test of Stereoplay in german with an simplified schematic:
Thorens TEM 3200 - Stereoplay

Attachments

• Schalbild-Thorens-TEM-3200.jpg
    Schalbild-Thorens-TEM-3200.jpg
    84.6 KB · Views: 1,627
Last edited:
AVM Evolution M4 schematic

Hi,
sorry, I know it is an old thread, but I would desperatly need an Evolution M4 schematic, my monoblock died yesterday, and I don't have any other document about it.
I searched the net, but only found some old magazine wich is not the same with mine, so I would really appreciate any help on this.
Many thanx in advance.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.