Power amp with only MJ15003

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello,

Could anyone give me some pointers to buildning a 100W power amp with only MJ15003 and TIP29/30 as output transistors (ie no MJ15004's).

I have a fender guitar amp with the output stage broken. If I have to replace all of the output components I might as well build a new one, as the copper barely sticks to the board anymore.

I already have some MJ15003 and TIP 29/30 because those are the types present in the output stage.

:eek:

Janne

Pick a simple, well documented, tried and tested circuit such as the ESP Project 3A ( http://sound.westhost.com/project3a.htm ). Modify the output stage from a fully complementary CFP arrangement to a quasi-complementary (darlington/CFP) by slightly re-arranging the upper half of the output stage. You will then be able to use just your MJ15003s. If you wish to try this, email me and I will send you a modified schematic.

Otherwise, there are several alternative circuits using quasi-complementary output stages that you will be able to find on the web or in other publications.

Geoff

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.