IRFP040 vs. IRFP044

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Whats the difference between these two devices??? i know the IRFP040 was considered the best of the bunch for lower voltage outputs but these are now like hens teeth to get hold of.... I can get hold of IRFP044 devices but i dont know if they are worth it... or should i just get IRFP140/240 devices? I'm a little concerned about the 2500pF input capacitance but i figure that this is probably counteracted by the high transconductance of 17S

did anyone ever come to a conclusion on this? I too have found 044's and I am wondering if they are good enough to use in place of a 040

Looking at the data sheets the 44 handles slightly more voltage and current and has about 500pf more gate capacitance. but the rds on is the same .028ohms

So I guess the questions how much of a difference does the 500pf make?

Zcx

Last edited:
I found a spec sheet for the IRFP-044N that has much better specs then then non "N" version. 5v higher voltage capacity. lower RDS on at .020 ohms. higher current capacity much lower gate capacitance. in fact 500pf lower than the 040 part! lower output capacitance too! but only 120 watt rating vs the 150watt rating of the 040 part...

am I missing something here?

http://www.irf.com/product-info/datasheets/data/irfp044n.pdf

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.