Pete Millet 8903 s/w on Windows 7....

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Not sure that this is the right forum, but has anyone made this work yet on Windows 7?

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/tubes-valves/151305-hp-8903-software-posted.html

New workshop PC means that I no longer have Windows 95 or anything other than Windows 7 available. Got a nice NI GPIB card with drivers, now I just need to get control of that 8903B...

Thanks

I'm on XP and am able to get comands to the 8903a, but no reply. If you come up with anything I would like to know as well.

Thanks,

Ken

Managed to get this to work with Windows 7 64 bit & VEE runtime 9.22

When I say "work", what I mean is that I've also found some bugs in the actual GPIB commands being sent, so I'm seeing if they can be fixed... Basically, it all works, but some of the programs don't set the output voltage correctly resulting in input overload for the DUT...

More anon...

I ended up using the trial version of VEE 8.5. It worked like a charm. I ended up purchasing the student edition of VEE 8.5. It won't allow you to compile the program to use with the runtime software and share with others like Pete was able to do. But otherwise it's fully functional.

Regarding Pete's programs, I found that the base line settings had to me adjusted, but, the values that were sent to the 8903a were consistent with with the display on the computer screen.

I've gone on to make new programs that use the 8903a output to the DUT and take the information into a spectrum analyzer (HP3562) and plot the spectrum. I've also figured out how to plot the screen on my HP scope. The tough thing is that the data collection protocols for each of the machines is quite different. I have not figured out the protocol for the scope, I am only doing a screen dump...

Ken

For what it's worth, here is a spectrum plot from the HP3562. Once I was able to understand the data array syntax, I could parse out the fundamentals and display their numeric value as well.

Attachments

• C6v3_Opto1_10.png
    C6v3_Opto1_10.png
    50.7 KB · Views: 98
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.