Threshold S-150 II

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
There is one of these up on Audiogon I'm interested in. Backstory: I recently inherited a Nakamichi AV-3s receiver in a move dump for free. I really wasn't expecting anything of this box except for movies. Yet when I put it in the system with these big old Vandersteen Model 2s I found that the thing brought out their voicing to better effect than my tube amps (refurbished Anthem Integrated 1, refurbed Dynaco ST-70 with which I was perfectly satisfied until now). I really found this hard to believe. Then, after some research on the part of a friend and on my own, I found that Threshold had licensed the patents to Mr. Pass's Stasis amps to Nakamichi at some point. I suppose, through trickle down, these designs were incorporated into the mass market stuff also.

Anyways, I'm wondering if fellow DIYers have any experience with the S-150 II. One limitation that I am aware of is its 75 watts of power. Yet I've driven the Vandersteens with less power and never found them to be straining.

Thanks for any help in advance.

BP

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.